School and Ranking Information
Within 20 miles of Augusta, GA, are eight schools that offer business degree programs. Six of the eight schools are located within the boundaries of Augusta, while the other two are located 15 miles or less from the city limits. Based off of school rankings, faculty awards, business program options and class sizes, one of the top schools to study business in the Augusta area is located in a conveniently placed suburb.
- Winner : The University of South Carolina - Aiken is located about 15 miles from Augusta in Aiken, SC. A high-ranking university that offers bachelor's degree programs in 500 fields, the university offers four bachelor's degree programs in business administration through the School of Business Administration.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Business Economics
- Business Finance
- Business Management and Operations
- Business Marketing
- Business Support and Administrative Services
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information System Management
- International Business
- Sales and Merchandising
- Specialized Sales
School Info Chart
|Category||University of South Carolina - Aiken|
|Rankings||#18 among Regional Colleges in the South, #1 Public School among Regional Colleges in the South (2015)*|
|School Type||4-year, Public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2014-2015)||$9,602 (in-state), $18,926 (out-of-state)*|
|Business Degrees Offered||Bachelor's|
|Business Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||126**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||42%**|
|Noteworthy||The School of Business Administration is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, an honor shared by only 10% of business schools worldwide***|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***USC - Aiken
University of South Carolina - Aiken
- Award winning student business organizations, including a well-recognized chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma
- Business school faculty members are published scholars and recipients of the Faculty Scholarship Excellence Award, William H. Marsh Teaching Award and Outstanding Service Award.
- Strong faculty relations with local businesses and organizations create opportunities for practical student training
A public institution founded in 1961, USC - Aiken offers degree programs in humanities, social science, business, education, science and nursing. The school offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentrations in accounting, finance, management, and marketing.
The accounting concentration teaches students about common issues faced by CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), the different procedures for filing federal income taxes, and the principles of government and cost accounting. Coursework in the finance concentration focuses on practices in commercial banking, financial reporting for businesses, and techniques used in capital budgeting. The management concentration covers core management concepts related to the areas of human resources management, strategic management, and operations management. Students enrolled in the marketing program learn to develop and manage brands and to analyze consumer behavior through marketing research.