School and Ranking Information
Students interested in CAD drafting classes in the Phoenix area have roughly seven choices. Based on program offerings and tuition, the following school is considered one of the top choices in the area for CAD drafting courses:
- Winner: Mesa Community College has two campuses in Mesa, AZ, approximately 18 miles from Phoenix. This school offers certificate programs in computer-aided drafting, architectural CAD, construction drafting, residential drafting and more. It also offers an associate's degree in architecture with an architectural drafting emphasis.
School Info Chart
|Category||Mesa Community College|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-14)||$1,974 (in-state), $7,758 (out-of-state)*|
|CAD Drafting Programs Offered||Certificates, Associate's|
|CAD Drafting Degrees or Certificates Awarded (all levels) in (2012-13)||29*|
|Most Popular CAD Drafting Program Level in 2012-13||Certificate*|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||12%*|
|Noteworthy||Some courses in drafting programs are available fully online or in hybrid formats|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Architectural Drafting and Design
- CAD Drafting and Design Technology
- Civil Engineering Drafting and Design
- Mechanical Drafting and Design
Mesa Community College
- Drafting students take part in both lecture-oriented classes and hands-on experiences
- Students in many drafting programs develop professional portfolios
- Internships and service learning experiences are available in many programs
MCC's Applied Sciences and Technology Department is home to an array of drafting and design programs in architecture, construction, manufacturing technology and microcircuit mask design. The department also offers a number of other programs, including dental hygiene, agribusiness, welding and veterinary technology. Both certificates and Associate of Applied Science degrees in drafting and closely related fields are available.
The Associate in Applied Science in Architecture includes an architectural drafting concentration with courses in computer-aided design and drafting (CADD), architectural design and site planning, as well as construction basics, like cost estimation and materials selection. The Certificate in Computer-Aided Drafting Certificate program prepares students for entry-level drafting jobs in the fields of architecture and construction. A Computer-Aided Design and Drafting CADD Level I program is also available. Other relevant programs include the Certificate in Survey and Civil Drafting, CAD Drafting Level II, which requires 27 credits of coursework and prepares participants for careers as drafting technicians in the construction, civil engineering and surveying fields.