Students may gain cabinet design training by enrolling in a certificate or associate's degree program. Cabinet design study is available at trade schools and 2-year community colleges.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Building Inspection
- Concrete Finishing
- Construction Mgmt, General
- Construction Site Management
- Drywall Installation
- Electrical and Power Transmission Installers
- Electrical Systems Lineworker
- Facilities Management
- Furniture Making
- Home Equipment and Furnishings Installer
- Home Improvement
- House Painting and Wall Paper
- Metal Building Assembly
- Plumbing Technology
- Property Management and Maintenance
- Well Drilling
Schools with Cabinet Design Programs
These schools have cabinet design programs that provide students with hands-on training in woodworking and cabinet-making.
|College/University||Location||Institution Type||Degrees Offered*||Tuition and Fees (2015-2016)*|
|Salt Lake Community College||Salt Lake City, UT||2-year, Public||Certificate||$3,569 in-state, $11,337 out-of-state|
|Palomar College||San Marcos, CA||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$1,338 in-state, $7,078 out-of-state|
|Bucks County Community College||Newtown, PA||2-year, Public||Certificate||$4,178 in-district, $7,658 in-state, $11,138 out-of-state|
|Red Rocks Community College||Lakewood, CO||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$3,429 in-state, $13,145 out-of-state|
|Cerritos College||Norwalk, CA||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$1,346 in-state, $7,926 out-of-state|
|Seattle Central College||Seattle, WA||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$3,891 in-state, $9,083 out-of-state|
|Eastern Maine Community College||Bangor, ME||2-year, Public||Associate's||$3,810 in-state, $6,510 out-of-state|
|Hutchinson Community College||Hutchinson, KS||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$2,848 in-district, $3,168 in-state, $4,160 out-of-state|
|Lansing Community College||Lansing, MI||2-year, Public||Certificate||$3,020 in-district, $5,660 in-state, $8,300 out-of-state|
Source: *School websites and National Center for Educational Statistics
School and Training Program Selection Criteria
Students should consider these important considerations when choosing a school:
- Diploma and certificate programs in cabinet design may often be completed between one semester and one year.
- Students should consider a school with cabinet design programs that focus on hands-on shop activities with state-of-the-art tools.
- A program with an internship, practicum or comprehensive design project can help students reinforce key skills and provide valuable experience.
- Students should consider a program that helps them prepare a work portfolio.
A cabinet design certificate program provides a combination of hands-on and technical courses. Credits earned through some certificate programs can be applied toward an associate's degree.
Associate's degree programs teach both basic and advanced skills in cabinet design and fabrication. These programs provide more opportunities for students to design cabinets as well as other furniture.
Cabinet design programs involve hands-on training and technical courses. Some programs may offer internships and practicums and may help students build a portfolio of their work to help them find work in the field.