Concrete finishing technicians construct and finish concrete structures such as buildings and roads. Both certificates and associate degrees are available at a number of technical, vocational and community colleges.
Schools with Construction Technology Programs
These schools offer certificate and associate's degree programs in construction technology.
|College/University||Location||Institution Type||Degrees Offered||Tuition and Fees 2015-2016*|
|Lake Superior College||Duluth, MN||2-year, Public||Associate's||$5,126 in-state, $9,543 out-of-state|
|Austin Community College||Austin, TX||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$2550 in-district, $9,210 in-state, $11,340 out-of-state|
|Kansas City Kansas Community College||Kansas City, KS||2-year, Public||Certificate||$3,240 in-state, $8,040 out-of-state|
|Salina Tech||Salina, KS||2-year, Public||Certificate||$5,518|
|Madison Area Technical College||Madison, WI||4-year, Public||Certificate||$4,217 in-state, $6,143 out-of-state|
|Crowder College||Neosho, MO||2-year, Public||Diploma||$2,352 in-district; $3,312 in-state and out-of-state|
Source: *National Center for Education Statistics
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Building Inspection
- Concrete Finishing
- Construction Mgmt, General
- Construction Site Management
- Drywall Installation
- Electrical and Power Transmission Installers
- Electrical Systems Lineworker
- Facilities Management
- Furniture Making
- Home Equipment and Furnishings Installer
- Home Improvement
- House Painting and Wall Paper
- Metal Building Assembly
- Plumbing Technology
- Property Management and Maintenance
- Well Drilling
School Selection Criteria
Consider the following when looking for schools that teach concrete finishing:
- Those considering a construction technology program should determine whether they would like to earn a certificate or degree in the field.
- Individuals should determine whether a school's program has been accredited by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCRE).
- An apprentice program may permit prospective students to complete their education while gaining experience, making industry connections and earning an income.
Concrete Finishing Certificate
These programs usually consist of 10-16 credit hours of study. Students practice calculating and ordering concrete materials and study compound masonry mixtures. Most programs also include an internship or apprenticeship.
Construction Technology Certificate
Construction technology certificate programs usually consist of 20-36 credit hours. Instruction includes concrete-specific classes such as how to design and make concrete footings, floors and framework. Students are usually required to complete an internship in the field.
Associate of Applied Science in Construction Technology
Students must complete general education and field-specific classes, as well as one or more internships. Classes include plumbing, carpentry, concrete technology, concrete techniques and project scheduling.
Students who are interested in concrete finishing should look for accredited programs that offer apprenticeships. Prospective students should also consider what degree levels a school offers.