Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Aeronautics, Aviation, and Aerospace Science
- Air Traffic Control
- Airline Flight Attendant
- Aviation Management and Operations
- Commercial Pilot and Flight Crew
- Flight Instructor
Distance Learning Airline and Airport Administration Courses
Here are some examples of courses in airline and airport administration that students can commonly find online.
- Aviation Customer Service Course: Students in this course explore the history of customer service in the aviation industry and are introduced to flight school and general aviation customer service principles. Students also learn about customer rights and carrier responsibilities and analyze the diffusion of confrontational customers.
- Air Transportation Management Course: In this course, students build the management skills needed to be fixed-base operators or entry-level managers for scheduled airlines. Students also examine various management functions, including marketing, financing, flight operations, maintenance and safety.
- Aviation Marketing Course: This course covers principles of aviation marketing and promotion, including planning and coordination, advertising, media and sales presentations. Students also learn about aviation trade shows, trade events and networking as industry marketing tools.
- Corporate Aviation Management Course: Basic principles of corporate flight management are introduced in this course. Students also discuss regulatory aspects of corporate aviation, procedures in acquisitions, insurance requirements and pilot certification programs.
- Aviation Insurance and Risk Management Course: Students explore the complexity of aviation risk management from flight operations and aircraft maintenance perspectives. They also examine industry insurance practices and standards, including the development of procedures that meet both government and insurance standards.
- Statistics with Aviation Applications: Students study the areas of statistics that have a bearing on aviation or on the management of an aviation business. This course examines the subjects of probability, data collection, sampling methods and hypothesis testing as they relate to aviation and aviation management.
- Airport Security Course: This course provides an overview of the security measures that airport administrators are required to implement, based on the regulations of national and international bodies. Topics of study include counter terrorism efforts and innovative security technologies in the aviation field.
- Occupational Health and Safety Course: In this course, aspiring administrators learn about the standards that are required by the Occupational Health and Safety (OSH) Act. By studying this law, they learn how to design and implement protocols that protect the health and safety of all airport and airline employees.
Online courses in airline and airport administration are often tailored to students pursuing an associate's or bachelor's degree in aviation administration and management. However, many other aviation degree programs, including professional flight and aerospace management, require some fundamental knowledge of aviation administration.
Most graduates of associate's degree programs in aviation administration and management pursue careers in air traffic control, aviation sales or air cargo, while graduates of bachelor's degree programs might seek higher-level careers in aviation accident investigation, airport security and operations or aviation safety management.
Through online courses and programs, aspiring administrators who want to work in the aviation field can gain the general management and industry-specific knowledge they need for success in their careers.