Online Courses for MBA Refresher
The list below contains some of the refresher courses for potential MBA students that can be found online.
- Accounting Course: This course emphasizes analysis of financial statements using different accounting principles. Students also learn budgeting and profit-building techniques for businesses.
- Finance Course: Corporate finance is the main focus of this course. Students conduct a comprehensive examination of financial markets, institutions and investments on an international level. Students also review the principles and models used in financial analysis.
- Statistics Course: Statistics are used to aid business decisions based on data and trends. Students work extensively with computer software, data sets and written reports to practice data collection and analysis techniques. They learn about principles of probability and how sample sizes affect statistical research.
- Business Ethics Course: This course focuses on the legal, regulatory and ethical aspects of corporate management strategies and skills. Students develop and practice effective communication techniques at the managerial or executive level.
- Management Communication Course: Students prepare to be effective leaders by brushing up on planning, writing, and presenting skills and communication strategies.
- Leadership and Organizations Course: In this course, students examine important topics in leadership and effective behavior organization. The course focuses on the necessary tools and skills for effective managers.
- Economics Course: This course explores micro- and -macroeconomic principles. Students analyze the importance of economic data with regard to making appropriate decisions in business markets.
MBA refresher courses are generally offered for students who need review in one or more core subjects necessary for pursuing an MBA degree. The availability of refresher courses and the subjects offered vary by school. Courses may be voluntary, or they may be required, but with the possibility of waivers based on an individual student's transcript and application. Some are free, or the costs may be included in the MBA tuition. Successful completion of an MBA degree can lead to employment in various fields, including finance, marketing and accounting.
Myriad options exist for distance learning MBA refresher courses. Areas of study include business ethics, management communication and finance.