School and Ranking Information
Only two schools in the Raleigh area offer degrees in electronic commerce. However, students interested in careers in that sector may also look at related degrees in marketing or business administration. At least 24 schools in the area offer these fields of study. The following school is the top pick in the area based on number and type of programs available, rankings and tuition costs.
- Winner: Located 74 miles from Raleigh in Greenville, NC, East Carolina University's College of Business offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Marketing and a graduate certificate in electronic commerce.
School Info Chart
|Category||East Carolina University|
|Rankings||Tied for #256 in Best Undergraduate Business Programs (2014)*|
|School Type||4-year; public|
|Tuition & Fees (2014-2015)||Undergrad: $6,143 (in-state); $21,340 (out-of-state)*|
|Marketing Degrees Offered||Bachelor's|
|Marketing Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||107**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||56%**|
|Noteworthy||College of Business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International***|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***East Carolina University
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
East Carolina University
- Marketing undergraduates can pick one of two concentrations in marketing or operations and supply chain management
- Electronic commerce certificate students must have prior master's-level work in the field of business or marketing
- The marketing program includes electives in e-commerce
East Carolina University is a national research university with 100 undergraduate programs and more than 90 graduate degree programs. There are over 160 buildings on the campus serving ten academic schools and colleges and nearly 27,000 students. Marketing and e-commerce programs are offered through the College of Business.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Marketing program focuses on how to create and advertise services and products. Besides core general education courses, students take foundational business and marketing courses. Required courses include business legalities, financial accounting and marketing management. Students who concentrate in marketing can take an elective course covering electronic commerce. At the graduate level, the certificate program in electronic commerce consists of four courses that focus on marketing strategies, online marketing, and web technologies.