Save on Textbook Costs
You can save on textbook costs by skipping your textbook and subscribing to Study.com instead. Instead of buying expensive textbooks for each class, you can access resources for all of your classes for one low monthly fee.
Here's how it works:
- Select your course from our catalog of courses.
- Watch a fun and engaging video instead of reading a dry chapter from your textbook.
- Take a quick quiz to make sure you've learned the material.
The Study.com Win Free Textbooks for a Year Giveaway is Live!
This scholarship is now closed. Click here to apply for the Tuition Won't Stop Me Scholarship.
- Our first ever textbook giveaway is now open!
- Are you 18 or older and enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate seeking program?
- Enter to win $1,000 toward a year's textbook costs!
- Even if you're not eligible for the grand prize, you can share to win our our $500 referral prize!
- The more you share, the greater your chances of winning. So get on Facebook, Twitter, etc. and spread the word.
- Sweepstakes runs August 1st through August 31st
Textbooks have been getting disproportionately more expensive for over twenty years, and students now face significant challenges paying book bills that average around $900 a year (studentpirgs.org). Costs have gotten so high that even the government has gotten involved, passing bills to make publisher's pricing policies a little more transparent. E-books and other online materials represent other promising solutions. But for today's student, the high cost of textbooks is a problem most easily solved with some extra cash--which is why we're giving it away.
To enter to win the $1000, answer a few questions about your own experience with textbooks at your school. Do you buy them new? Used? On Amazon? We'd like to know so we can figure out even more ways to help cut costs in the future.
Calling All Bloggers and Websites…
Not a student and feeling left out? Share our giveaway information to put yourselves in the running for our $500 referral prize. Every student who enters has the opportunity to give the name and contact info of the person who told them about the giveaway. If you refer the winning student, you win too! If you refer five students (or ten, or fifty), you increase your chances. Students entering the contest: you are eligible for the referral prize as well, so get sharing!
Entries close on August 31st. Like us on Facebook to stay updated about future events!