School and Ranking Information
At least 13 schools in the Salt Lake City area offer degrees in human resource management. Based on rankings, number of programs offered, and tuition costs, the following school is the top pick for students interested in human resources management.
- Winner: Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, UT, is located less than 40 miles from Salt Lake City, UT. The Marriott School of Business offers a Master of Business Administration in Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management. BYU is nationally ranked and boasts affordable tuition.
School Info Chart
|Category||Brigham Young University|
|Rankings||#62 in National Universities (2015); #14 in Best Value Schools (2015); #27 in Best Business Schools (2014)*|
|School Type||4-year; private; not-for-profit|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Grad: $6,130**|
|Business Administration Degrees Offered||Bachelor's; Master's|
|Business Administration Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||257**|
|Most Popular Business Administration Degree Level in 2013||Master's**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||78%**|
|Noteworthy||Financial Times ranked BYU's human resources MBA program as #1 in the nation***|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***Financial Times
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Human Resources Development
- Labor and Industrial Relations
- Labor Studies
- Organizational Behavior
Brigham Young University
- The Marriott School of Business was named after J. Williard and Alice S. Marriott, founders of the worldwide hotel chain of the same name
- All students have access to the Marriott School's Career Center
- 95% of graduates found jobs within three months of graduation
Founded in 1875 by Brigham Young, former president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Brigham Young University has sought from its inception to provide quality educational programs while preserving its commitment to the Christian faith. As of 2014, it had an enrollment of more than 31,000 students.
The Marriott School is one of the nation's leading providers of business degree programs. Its mission is to provide quality business programs that not only prepare students for successful careers but also to maintain exceptional character and moral standards in the cutthroat world of business.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management emphasizes strategic improvement and the pursuit of excellence in the management of human resource functions. Students will gain an in-depth understanding of how to lead and motivate workers, emphasize a team environment, strategically plan for an ideal company workforce and oversee changes in organizational and management structure. Recent graduates have completed internships at organizations such as Pepsi Bottling Group, General Mills, Dell and LG Electronics.