School and Ranking Info
Degree programs in international business in the Baltimore, MD, area can be found at two public and two private, not-for-profit universities. The larger of the two public universities was chosen as the top school for international business students based upon its U.S. News & World Report rankings, special program offerings and relevant extracurricular activities.
- Winner: The University of Maryland in College Park is located approximately 27.5 miles from Baltimore, MD. Among its 12 academic divisions is a professionally accredited business school where students can earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business or Master of Business Administration (MBA), both of which include specializations in international business.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Maryland - College Park|
|Rankings||#62 among National Universities (2015);
#20 among Top Public Schools (2015);
#21 among Best Undergraduate Business Programs (2014);
#41 among Best Graduate Business Schools (2014);
#22 among Part-Time MBA Programs (2014)*
|Location||College Park, MD|
|School Type||4-year; public|
|Tuition and Fees (2013-2014)||Undergraduate: $9,162 (in-state); $28,348 (out-of-state)**|
|International Business Degrees Offered||Bachelor's and master's|
|International Business Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||63**|
|Most Popular International Business Program in 2012-2013||Bachelor's (63 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||84%**|
|Noteworthy||The Robert H. Smith School of Business has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report; **NCES College Navigator.
University of Maryland - College Park
- 'Smith Start' program helps freshman transition into the business program
- Sophomore Global Mindset Consulting Colloquium provides students with the chance to work on real-life consulting projects
- Global Consulting Fellows helps graduate students develop their cultural awareness
- Annual 'Dedication to Community Tour' at the School of Business (D2C): an international forum featuring top business executives
The University of Maryland in College Park has an annual student enrollment of 37,270 and a student-to-teacher ratio of 18:1. In addition to the College Park location, the Robert H. Smith School of Business has campuses in Baltimore and Rockland, MD, as well as Washington, DC, and Beijing, China. Along with its USN&WR rankings, the school has received high marks from 'Bloomberg BusinessWeek' and the 'Financial Times' for the quality of its career services, faculty, graduate programs and research. Along with the BS in Business, the School of Business offers executive, full-time, online and part-time MBA programs; specialized Master of Science degrees and a Doctor of Philosophy are also available.
The BS in Business program requires core coursework in business finance, law, policies and statistics; undergraduates also learn about accounting procedures, economics, management and marketing. Unique to the 18-credit concentration in international business are topics in global business strategies and marketing, cross-cultural business challenges, international finance and supply chain management.
Candidates for the full-time MBA take core courses in financial, marketing and strategic management; data modeling, leadership and managerial economics. Through electives in international business, graduate students examine many of these same topics from a global perspective; they can also participate in optional student exchange and one-week study abroad trips.