Free Online Guitar Course and Lesson Info
Students generally won't be able to find online free guitar courses or lessons at not-for-profit or public schools. After completing any of the following courses or lessons, students won't earn college credit. The length of a course or lesson is determined by the work pace of the student.
Guitar Compass offers online training for various playing styles, including blues, bluegrass, classical, jazz, metal, rock and country. All lessons provide a free training video and supplementary guitar tablature.
- Beginning Hybrid Picking Lick trains students on how to use their bottom 3 fingers while using a guitar pick.
- Chromatic Cross Stringing Scales teaches students how to play all musical notes within an octave. They also learn finger-stretching and picking techniques and how to properly play positions.
Guitarlessons.com offers training videos and written explanations covering basic guitar skills, guitar chords and scales, play styles, guitar theory, ear training, fretboard navigation and music reading. If students register with this website, they can gain access to a free practice routine generator.
- How to Tune a Guitar trains students on the proper use of pedal, handheld and clip-on tuners.
- Learn to Play Guitar helps students who have never played a guitar learn basic techniques such as B, E and A chord progressions.
- Sweep Picking Technique shows students how to play notes in succession while picking down or up.
Justinguitar.com has free training through videos, guitar tablature and written lesson overviews.
- Justin's Beginner Guitar Course provides 9 levels of training that cover guitar anatomy, metronome use, rhythm guitar basics, various chords, triplet rhythms, capo use and open position notes. At the end of this course, students can participate in a comprehensive test. In addition to this course, students also have access to song tablature, various music genre techniques, ear training tools and practice routines.