Info on Free Online Aromatherapy Courses and Classes
There are few aromatherapy courses offered for free online. This article considers two free online courses, which do not confer credits.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Acupuncture and Acupressure
- Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Homeopathic Medicine
- Movement Therapies
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Polarity Therapy
- Traditional Eastern Medicine and Herbology
- Yoga Therapy and Instructor
Free Online Aromatherapy Classes and Courses
University of Minnesota
- Clinical Aromatherapy doesn't teach the practice of aromatherapy, but does provide a survey of the field. Students can use the tutorial to learn about the history and science of aromatherapy then learn about application methods, safety factors, regulatory issues and certification guidelines. Current research in the field and a look at general concerns associated with essential oils are also part of the tutorial. The website notes that the resource takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete.
Technical University of Madrid
- Industrial Utilization of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants is a comprehensive 6-unit, 12-topic class on medicinal and aromatic plants (MAPs). It starts with background information on the history and scientific classification of these plants. The class then provides instruction on how to grow and harvest plants organically, explaining what the term 'organically grown' means.