Free Online Course, Class and Tutorial Info
Free online CPR courses, classes and tutorials aren't common. These resources don't offer certifications or certificates of completion, nor are some recognized by the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association as official sources. Students won't be able to earn college credit for completing any of the following free online training courses.
Free Online CPR Course List
University of Washington
- Learn CPR covers topics in adult, child and infant CPR. Students can also find CPR video demonstrations and information that shows how to help choking victims. If students are looking to demonstrate their skills, this website offers a CPR quiz. Mobile applications are available for students interested in learning CPR from their phone.
- Online CPR Tutorials trains students to help victims of all ages by stopping unconscious and conscious choking, checking for responsiveness, clearing airways and providing chest compressions. In addition to reading materials, short animations are provided for most training sections. A test is also offered at the end of each lesson.
American Heart Association (AHA)
- Two Steps to Staying Alive with Hands-Only CPR teaches hands-on CPR training through a 60-second instructional video instructing individuals to call 911, then begin chest compressions. The AHA aims to teach the public in remembering how to perform CPR by following the beat of the Bee Gees' disco song 'Stayin' Alive'.
American Red Cross
- Welcome to the American Red Cross Refresher Center is designed for individuals who are a little rusty on how to administer First Aid, CPR and automated external defibrillator (AED). The refresher tutorials are recommended every three months. The information is divided bt workplaces, schools and individuals and professional rescuers and health care providers. The first group can follow question and answer (Q&A) scenarios for adult, infant and child CPR, along with first aid. The latter group can complete four refresher Q&A tutorials for breathing and cardiac emergencies.
American Academy of CPR and First Aid, Inc.
- Welcome to Basic Life Support CPR (Adult/Child/Infant) offers training through videos, pictures and reading materials. Topics covered during this program include AED use, CPR techniques for various age groups, assisting choking victims, anatomy and physiology. Students can take a comprehensive exam after registering with this website.