Online Hospitality Courses for Credit
Learning all about hotel management is simple with assistance from educational institutions that offer hospitality and hotel management courses for free online. These courses provide comprehensive overviews of customer relations, marketing, service management and related topics and offer a self-paced format that allows students to learn on their own time. While the courses come with many perks, they do not award any sort of college credit. If this is something you're looking for, Study.com offers a low-cost option for studying hotel management online. Through engaging video lessons, quizzes and exams, students can easily work towards earning a certificate in this subject.
With our Hotel Management Training course, students can study different hotel management topics like communication as it relates to hotel management, workplace diversity training and contemporary theories in leadership and management. Professional instructors guide users through lessons that use real-world scenarios to clearly illustrate important management concepts. Some of the chapters that can be found in this course include:
- Organizational Change in Hospitality - Explore the theory of organizational change, planned change and some of the barriers to change in organizations.
- Continuous-Improvement Processes & Methods - Learn about Lean Six Sigma, idea generation and management information systems.
- Team Building & Development in Hospitality - Understand the characteristics of effective teams and different techniques for group decision making.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Resort Management
- Resort, Hotel, Motel, and Spa Management
- Restaurant Mgmt
- Travel and Tourism Management
Hospitality Management Courses Online Free
Free hotel management courses are most commonly available from schools participating in the OpenCourseWare (OCW) Consortium. These courses can be accessed online, but they aren't graded, don't require campus attendance and don't award credit. OCW courses also typically don't require registration. However, it's good to keep in mind that other free courses, depending on the platform, might require students to sign up for a free account to access learning materials.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) offers approximately 2,400 OCW courses free of charge in areas like social science, teaching, health, humanities and engineering. The following hotel management courses are a part of the Sloan School of Management. Students do not have to register to access learning materials, including downloadable PDF lecture notes and assignments.
- Listening to the Customer: This graduate-level course is designed for students and professionals who are interested in conducting market research to develop a better understanding of customers. Students taking this non-credit course learn how to design a market research plan, interact with customers and understand behaviors. They also learn to perform interviews and utilize various methods for conducting qualitative customer research. The lecture notes are available in PDF form and can be downloaded into a ZIP file, and there's also a recommended reading list.
- Management of Services: Concepts, Design, and Delivery: Students in this graduate-level course can examine cases focused on different styles of management in service industries like financial services, food services, hospitality, retail, health care and government operations. The lecture notes, assignments and examples of class projects can be downloaded in a ZIP file.
- Marketing Management: This graduate course focuses on different marketing management strategies and utilizes the textbooks Marketing Management and Market-Based Management - Strategies for Growing Customer Value and Profitability. Lectures notes explore such topics as segmentation and targeting, domestic and international branding, company analysis and customer analysis. The final project consists of analyzing and identifying marketing opportunities for a new business and designing and implementing a marketing plan. Students can access lecture notes, assignments, a syllabus and a readings list.
Università Bocconi shares several courses with students from around the world through Coursera, an online learning platform offering both paid and free course options. In addition to the following non-credit management course, free online Università Bocconi courses offered through Coursera include infrastructure financing and investing as well as management of fashion and luxury companies, all of which can be audited at no cost. Coursera requires students to sign up for a free account to access course materials. Students can sign up via email or Facebook.
- Food & Beverage Management: Lessons closely examine the relationship between products and customers, the ways tradition and innovation impact customer experiences and the differences between global and local markets. Guest speakers featured in the course provide expert insights that bring to life concepts covered in the lectures. Students can benefit from 11 hours' worth of learning materials, including video lectures, readings and quizzes.