Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Accounting with Computers, General
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Taxation, General
Free Online Non-Credited Quickbooks Courses
Educational Quickbooks material can be found online from the following sources. See below for descriptions of what these classes and tutorials offer.
Intuit's courses, presented as PDF files or webinars, are generally based on the current version of QuickBooks; archived versions may also be available. Some of the courses may be taken for continuing professional education credits (CPE).
- Choosing the Right QuickBooks Edition for My Client training is offered as a webinar; in addition to teaching students the various features of each product, this training also helps users decide which QuickBooks products are right for their clients.
- How to Set Up QuickBooks Online for Your Client teaches student the difference between QuickBooks Online (QBO) and the desktop version of QuickBooks. It also helps users determine if QBO is the right choice and choose the correct subscription level. In addition, it includes instructions on setting up QBO and adding additional services.
- Internal Controls for Small Businesses to Reduce the Risk of Fraud examines setting protective QuickBooks controls. Topics include budgetary controls, protection of credit cards and backup procedures.
- Intuit Payment Solutions teaches users about payment options that can be used with QuickBooks, including Merchant Service for QuickBooks and Intuit Payment Network and Check Solution.
- Most Common QuickBooks Mistakes and How to Fix Them teaches users to identify types of data files, lessen the chance of future mistakes, choose the best fixes and identify the causes of mistakes. The course is based on QuickBooks Premier: Accountant Edition 2011, and topics may include errors in accounts payable, credit card accounts, sales taxes, payroll and inventory. Students can earn 2 CPE credits.
- Payroll for Today's Accountant: Intuit's Payroll Service Lineup 2011 teaches users about the company's payroll services that can be used with QuickBooks. It explains the benefits of using Intuit's payroll options and the ways the payroll features interact with QuickBooks software.
- QuickBooks at Year-End 2012 is designed for business owners using QuickBooks Accountant 2012. Students learn the best methods of compiling clients' files and generating the correct year-end results. Some topics covered in this training include setting client preferences, backing up data, importing data files and using QuickBooks File Manager. This training offers 1 CPE credit.
- QuickBooks for Mac: Overview for Accounting Professionals is aimed at individuals who use Mac computers and plan to use QuickBooks for their accounting software. In addition to learning the different features of QuickBooks for Mac, students also learn when to recommend QuickBooks for Mac. Topics of study include setting up company files, back accounts, payrolls and specific preferences.
- QuickBooks Online Accountant: How to Support Your QuickBooks Online Clients allows participants to learn about reversing bank reconciliations, tracking and adjusting journal entries and reclassifying incorrect transactions. This free training resource provides 1.5 CPE credits.
- QuickBooks Premier Accountant 2010: New Features and Functionality teaches students about new and improved features in QuickBooks Premier Accountant 2010. Students learn to customize the reporting function of QuickBooks to meet their customers' needs. Actual topics included in the course depend on the changes to the program.
- QuickBooks Statement Writer 2012: Your Financial Statement Solution focuses on creating, customizing and saving reports, charts, graphs and end-of-year statements. Other topics include creating templates and customizing statements for clients' needs.
- Top Ten QuickBooks Tips, Tricks and Techniques discusses power tricks and tips that a student may implement to increase and maximize his or her use of QuickBooks. The course focuses on reporting techniques and data mining.
QuickBooks tutorials on YouTube are generally available as webinars or videos and usually last about an hour.
- QuickBooks 2012, a free online learning resource in the form of a video, is aimed at individuals new to QuickBooks. The video provides a walk-through of a retail shop, while teaching students about transactions common to a small business. The course also provides instructions on setting up payroll accounts.
- QuickBooks Made Easy for Nonprofits & Libraries is a webinar designed to help libraries and nonprofit organizations manage organizational accounting systems. In addition to teaching individuals the various new updates in the QuickBooks software, it also provides tips on how to streamline day-to-day operations for maximum efficiency.