Free Online Real Estate Courses for Credit
Are you looking for free real estate training? Free courses in real estate can be located online, but they typically don't award college credit and may not be accepted for continuing education to maintain a real estate license. Individuals looking to attain credit for school or earn the required CEUs to get a real estate license* online can check out the comparatively low-cost courses found on Study.com, which feature engaging video lessons and interactive practice quizzes.
Students can consider taking the Marketing for Real Estate Agents course, which provides a close look at professional branding, lead management, relationship marketing, and the importance of technology. You can find several tips and educational topics in the following course chapters:
|Marketing Basics||Explore fundamental elements of real estate marketing, including strategies, branding, and lead qualification.|
|Leveraging Client Relationships||Topics include building client relationships, personal selling, the types and benefits of direct marketing, and more.|
|Technology in Real Estate Marketing||Examine social media marketing, online video marketing strategies, the multiple listing service (MLS), and the benefits of real estate technology.|
|Promotional Marketing in Real Estate||Study the different real estate domains and advantages of specializing. Learn how to write marketing copy and promotional messages.|
Free Online Real Estate Education: School & Course Options
Are you looking for a free real estate license? Unfortunately, free online real estate courses with certificates are rare, and the differences in state licensure requirements create an additional barrier to obtaining real estate licensing online for free. However, if you are looking for free real estate classes online, you can find some free and low-cost coursework to boost your real estate knowledge.
Most free real estate classes don't require students to register, but they also don't award academic credit. Online courses might utilize PDF lecture notes, slides, videos, and additional resources. Though some courses offer assignments, projects, or exams from the original course, they're not required for the free version and can't be submitted to the schools. In order to take full advantage of open courses, users may be required to have Adobe Acrobat, Flash, or other technologies or applications installed on their computers. Check out these free real estate school and course options.
1. Yale University
Open Yale Courses comprise topics from nearly every department, including the sciences, math, writing, social sciences, and business. The courses don't award credit but do offer the original lectures via video, audio, and written transcripts as well as the courses' exams and other resources.
- ECON 252: Financial Markets is a one-hour lecture given by Professor Robert Shiller in 2011. You can view the video online or download a low- or high-bandwidth MOV file for offline use. There are also downloadable PDF files with lecture slides, a quiz on the lecture topics, and one of the problem-sets Professor Shiller used during the class. The lecture consists of six major topics, including the history of real estate finance and property rights, commercial real estate and investment partnerships, residential real estate financing before 1929, residential real estate financing after 1929, government support of mortgage markets, and the mortgage crisis of 2007-2008.
MIT is a great place to locate some real estate training online for free. Offering one of the largest libraries of free courses, MIT allows students to search for courses by topic, department, or MIT course number. Courses can include videos, but most often provide downloadable lecture notes, assignments, quizzes, and projects from the original course. Free real estate courses include:
- Advanced Topics in Real Estate Finance is a graduate-level course focusing on the finance and investment side of real estate. Lecture topics include project development and real estate indexes. The course follows the Commercial Real Estate Analysis and Investments textbook. In addition to the downloadable lecture notes, the free course includes projects completed by students who'd taken the course.
- Real Estate Capital Markets discusses capital market real estate, portfolio theory, and asset pricing. The graduate course uses the Commercial Real Estate Analysis and Investments textbook. Course resources include a list of third-party real estate resources for students to use and case study exercises.
- Real Estate Economics is a graduate course that analyzes how micro- and macroeconomics factor in real estate. Other topics include residential development, industrial locations, and development regulation. Students can follow the reading schedule using the Urban Economics and Real Estate Markets textbook. The course provides original lecture notes, a reading schedule, and downloadable recitation notes, assignments, and exams.
- Real Estate Finance and Investment centers around real estate cash flows and leveraging, development project evaluation, and underwriting in relation to making financial decisions. The course was originally the first in a two-course graduate-level series that focused on individual real estate investments, and it required real estate analysis software and a financial calculator. Students can download problem sets and exams, though neither provides answer keys.
Another source of free real estate education, Realtor.com offers a number of training videos with practical information and tips for real estate professionals. Videos range from quick tips that take less than a minute to full tutorials that take about an hour to watch.
- The Real Estate Diaries provide professionals with a series of tips on marketing, as well as finding and communicating with clients. The videos each last about an hour and cover a variety of topics, including the use of social media, live video, team building, and lead generation. The host of the series, Kristi Kennelly, has 20 years of experience in real estate.
4. Beat Zillow
This free online course by Easy Agent Pro includes ideas for how to increase the traffic on your real estate website. This course is comprised of videos and ''homework'' assignments that you can use to put the ideas to practical use.
5. Tyler Smith 30 Day Challenge
This video and online challenge can help realtors with ideas and strategies for growing their business.
Udemy offers a low-cost course on advanced SEO - search engine optimization - that can be valuable for real estate agents working on their online presence.
*State requirements for real estate licensure renewal vary. Check with the appropriate state licensing department to find out if these courses meet CEU requirements.