Free Online Course Info
The free online ultrasound courses and tutorials listed below can lead to continuing medical education (CME) credits. These credits are obtained by successfully passing an exam. Fees may also be required. While students will not have access to laboratory equipment or physical classroom resources, students can obtain career skills from these informative sources.
Institute for Advanced Medical Education
- Duplex Ultrasound of Carotid Stents goes over the treatment of Carotid artery stenting and the subsequent duplex ultrasound. Students can examine the similarities and differences between carotid stent and endarterectomy ultrasound evaluations.
Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute
- Point-Of-Care Ultrasound for the Sonographer is a PowerPoint presentation that discusses the role of sonographers while examining how ultrasound applies to the evaluation of trauma, shock & hypotension, cardiac arrest, lung, foreign body localization, fracture assessment and MSK.
Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine
The Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine provides online tutorials through full-text articles for students interested in ultrasound technology.
- Use of Multiplanar 3-Dimensional Ultrasonography for Prenatal Sex Identification surveys how 3-D ultrasound technology can be used in the second trimester to determine fetal sex in comparison to 2-D ultrasound technology. Students can also learn about how early sex identification in ultrasound imaging can lead to better prenatal care.
- Detection of Tumor-Associated Neoangiogenesis by Doppler Ultrasonography During Early-Stage Ovarian Cancer in Laying Hens examines the possibility of noninvasive detection of tumor-associate neoangiogenesis in animals by using Doppler ultrasonography technology. Students can also learn how researchers hope to apply the findings to humans.
- Prenatal Sonographic Detection of Birth Defects in 18 Hospitals from South America evaluates the effectiveness of prenatal imaging diagnoses for birth defects. Clinical examples are included, as well as information on data collection and a discussion of findings.