Doctoral programs in management prepare students for research and academia positions. Typical areas of study include marketing, accounting, finance and operations management.
10 Schools with Management Ph.D. Programs
These schools offer management Ph.D. programs, with various areas of study.
|College/University||Location||Institution Type||Tuition and Fees 2015-2016*|
|Arizona State University||Tempe, AZ||4-year, Public||$11,304 in-state, $23,274 out-of-state|
|University of Central Florida||Orlando, FL||4-year, Public||$8,872 in-state, $27,715 out-of-state|
|Ohio State University - Main Campus||Columbus, OH||4-year, Public||$12,425 in-state, $31,897 out-of-state|
|University of Minnesota - Twin Cities||Minneapolis, MN||4-year, Public||$17,289 in-state, $25,953 out-of-state|
|University of Texas - Austin||Austin, TX||4-year, Public||$10,934 in-state, $20,762 out-of-state|
|University of Florida||Gainesville, FL||4-year, Public||$12,737 in-state, $29,302 out-of-state|
|Texas A&M University||College Station, TX||4-year, Public||$8,656 in-state, $18,183 out-of-state|
|Michigan State University||East Lansing, MI||4-year, Public||$16,122 in-state, $31,674 out-of-state|
|Pennsylvania State University - Main Campus||University Park, PA||4-year, Public||$20,270 in-state, $34,084 out-of-state|
|University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign||Champaign,IL||4-year, Public||$18,041 in-state, $31,231 out-of-state|
Sources: *National Center for Educational Statistics
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
School Selection Criteria
Students interested in management programs may want to keep these considerations in mind:
- Students may want to consider class and program size, since smaller classes will be more personalized and smaller programs allow for quicker feedback and a more intensive educational experience.
- Because this is the highest level of education, students may be interested in the most highly revered and ranked school possible.
- Students should consider the specific areas of focus that certain programs provide, depending upon the type of research or work they wish to do.
- Students should keep in mind that programs may require full-time enrollment, so students who require a flexible schedule should consider a part-time program.
Ph.D. in Management
Doctoral programs in management are highly diverse due to the nature of their specialized coursework. In addition to a dissertation, students take courses in their area of specialization. Students also may be required to teach undergraduate classes. Upon completion of a Ph.D. in Management, graduates will be qualified to work as scholars in the world of academia or in intensive research positions.
Doctoral management programs have various areas of specialization and tend to be highly competitive, since the class sizes may be relatively small. Graduates of these programs may work in academic or research settings.