Building construction programs can be found at highly-ranked schools. Programs are often available at the undergraduate and graduate degree levels.
Tuskegee University in Alabama, North Dakota State College of Science (NDSCS) and the University of Florida in Gainesville offer three of the best programs in building construction in the U.S. Two of the schools have been ranked for their academic excellence by U.S. News and World Report. The third, NDSCS, has a high job placement rate for its graduates. Continue reading for more detailed information regarding classes included in the programs and degrees offered.
Tuskegee University in Alabama
|School Highlight: According to U.S. News & World Report, Tuskegee ranked #8 among Historically Black Colleges and Universities in 2020.|
Tuskegee University was ranked 25th among regional colleges in the South by U.S. News and World Report in 2020. Tuskegee University is composed of six colleges and schools, including the Taylor School of Architecture and Construction Science. It offers a bachelor's degree in construction science and management. In addition to management and accounting principles, this four-year degree program covers building materials, construction layouts and structures, soils, and environmental control systems.
University of Florida in Gainesville
|School Highlight: U.S. News & World Report ranked the school 7th among top public schools in 2020.|
U.S. News and World Report ranked the University of Florida in Gainesville #34 among national universities in 2020. The university offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in building construction and architecture. The M.E. Rinker Sr. School of Building Construction offers a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Construction Management, a Master of Science in Sustainable Construction, and a five-year combined bachelor's and master's degree program.
North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, ND
NDSCS offers an A.A.S. degree in building construction technology. The program offers hands-on training in many areas of the construction industry. Students also get on-the-job training in residential and commercial construction. Courses cover topics that include interior finishing, construction equipment, and concrete construction.
Top Schools for Building Construction
Other top schools that offer building construction programs include:
- Park University in Parkville, MO, which offers construction management courses that can be completed in 8-week instead of 16-week sessions.
- At Seminole State College of Florida in Sanford, FL, students can take advantage of a Career Development Center that includes business mentors, career fairs and internship opportunities.
- Southern Utah University in Cedar City, UT, ranked 33rd among top public schools, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2020 listing.
- The University of Texas's College of Architecture, Construction and Planning in San Antonio, TX, is ranked second by The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine for schools that award degrees to Hispanic students.
- Utah Valley University in Parkway, Orem, UT, offers several construction science majors, including construction management, building inspection technology and facilities management.
- Vermont Technical College in Randolph Center, VT, offers several resources through its Center for Academic Success, including career planning and tutoring services.
Students looking for building construction programs have a variety of options to consider when picking a school, including different majors, the availability of internships and hands-on training, and other resources.