Online MBA in Finance Courses
MBA programs in finance offer a wide variety of courses. The list below contains a selection of courses that can often be found online.
- Environmental Economics in Management Course: This course demonstrates how managers deal with the various economic changes caused by a rapidly changing business environment. Topics include the growth of the global economy, the necessity for regionalism and the merging of different economic systems.
- Accounting Information Interpretation Course: This course teaches students practical and modern methods of analyzing basic accounting information, such as financial statements and profit and loss statements. Students learn ways to analyze cash flow and understanding how a business's activities affect cash flow.
- Making Financial Decisions Course: Making sound financial decisions in financially troubling times is addressed in this course. The course emphasizes practical problem solving by using computer simulations to test the outcome of financial decisions.
- Managing International Finances Course: Students learn how multinational firms deal with the many financial management issues they may confront. Topics include positioning and managing cash and other funds, budgeting capital in an international marketplace and methods of risk management when dealing with foreign exchange.
- Banking and Financial Markets Course: This course provides students with an understanding of how markets and financial institutions work. Students learn how government policies and regulations affect interest rates, economical transactions and all aspects of financial institutions.
- Understanding Financial Statements Course: Students learn to understand all aspects of financial statements, including what they report and how they are analyzed. This course also demonstrates how financial statements are used to determine the value of a company and how they can help a business grow.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis Course: This course teaches how to prepare and analyze financial accounting statements for companies. Financial accounting statements reveal a business's performance relative to the industry standard, and students will learn how to evaluate a financial situation by properly auditing and reviewing these statements.
- Corporate Finance Course: In this course, students will cover theories and strategies for investments in tandem with the study of financial markets. Other topics include risk, the value of a shareholder's capital flow and portfolio management.
- Business Law Course: This course will address regulations and any legal issues which might arise while operating a business. Special emphasis is placed on product liability, employment law, internet law and any current legal challenges in the business world.
An MBA in Finance degree program is aimed at students pursuing upper management or executive positions in a variety of industries. Students seeking this degree can find such programs in hybrid and fully online formats. They can take courses in accounting, management, international finance, banking and economics. Graduates often find careers in money management, financial planning, investments and analysis.
Students looking to enroll in an online MBA in Finance program will have plenty of options. Coursework includes areas of study like corporate finance, business law, financial reporting and accounting.