Online Classes in Artificial Intelligence (AI)
The online classes below are among the most commonly offered and provide a foundation in artificial intelligence.
- Robotics Introduction Course: The material in this class provides an overview of artificial intelligence, from its history to the extent of modern research in the field. Students may learn about the mathematical and logistical elements of robotics, as well as the philosophy of artificial intelligence, kinetics and program design. The class format generally consists of reading assignments, weekly graded coursework and lectures transmitted through the Web.
- Elements of Language Processing Course: This class is generally offered at the beginning of AI programs. It covers developments in the field of natural language processing (NLP) and the function of linguistic reasoning capabilities in computers. Students learn algorithmic and programming approaches to artificial understanding of language. They also examine modern developments such as voice recognition software. Coursework may include graded programming assignments and quizzes.
- Computer Processing Network Course: This class covers the programming of neuron simulation that is integral to the visual recognition of AI robots. Lessons also discuss the application of advanced neuron network simulation to real-world situations in environmental robotics and the finance sector. The course is closely related to machine learning, and may be offered as an elective or as a component of a broader AI course.
- Visual Processing and Machine Learning Course: Students learn techniques for programming machine reasoning in this class. They study pattern recognition, learning theory, algorithm development and bioinformatics. Emphasis is placed on converting artificial data processing via applied problem solving and logic. Generally, students complete several relevant assignments throughout the course, as well as a final project. This class is usually offered near the end of AI programs.
- Artificial Intelligence and the Web Course: As with most technology, artificial intelligence can be enhanced and improved through interaction with the world wide web. Social networking, data sharing, and digital correspondence are often used in concert with artificial intelligence, and in this course, students will learn how these areas of study are connected and can be used to supplement one another.
- Interactive Scripting Course: This course will teach students about various techniques in creating a virtual reality environment. Topics include collision detection, point of view and object orientation.
- Information Technology Communications Course: In this course, students will examine proper communication techniques for effective presentations of information and data to various audiences. Additional topics include web information architecture, the development of proposals and technical illustrations.
Both online and campus-based universities offer graduate-level certificate programs for artificial intelligence (AI) that can be completed through the Web. Most online artificial intelligence programs are designed for working software engineers or graduate students, and several advanced mathematics and computer programming prerequisites are strongly recommended. With an extensive knowledge of AI, those who complete these online programs can take further programming courses or enter research or academic fields with a focus in artificial intelligence. Standalone courses and bachelor's programs also offer online courses.
Online artificial intelligence courses are available through individualized classes, in addition to graduate certificate and bachelor's degree programs. Students will study topics such as virtual environment scripting, robotics and machine learning.