Online Courses in Business Writing
The descriptions below profile commonly offered online business writing courses.
- Principles of English in Business Writing Course: This course re-introduces grammar basics for business professionals. Students in this class will cover grammar, terminology, sentence structure, verb tense, passive and active voice and develop editing skills.
- Professional Writing Course: Business students need to understand the concepts of the daily paperwork on their agenda in the workforce. This course is designed to instruct students on how to successfully create business documents in multiple forms, such as standard reports or business proposals, to communicate effectively and to enhance revision skills.
- Fundamentals of Technical Writing Course: Technical writing is written communication in technical and occupational fields. This course helps students to understand technical writing conventions in regard to project design, use of graphics, editing and so on.
- Introduction to Communication in Business Course: Many people in the business sector have to work in teams on group projects. This course is specifically shaped around group work; however, each person will work independently on their assignments within the group. Some of the skills in this course might include presenting, brainstorming, attention to detail, summarizing, assessments, confirmations and sketching.
- Writing Effective E-mails, Memos, & Letters Course: This course trains individuals in the specific formatting and verbiage required for three of the most common methods of communication in a business setting: e-mails, memos, and letters. Topics include appropriateness, professionalism, and primary and secondary uses for these communication tools.
- Research Methods in Writing Course: This course will introduce students to style guides, which a business uses to set standards for document formatting and content. How to use research tools to obtain data and facts that can be used to create effective proposals, technical manuals and reports will also be addressed.
- Utilizing Graphics in Writing Course: In the course, students will explore the use of graphs and charts in order to visualize data. Additionally, the presentation of illustrations with print and web media will be covered.
Online business writing courses can help students pursuing degrees such as a bachelor's degree in business administration or a master's degree in human resource development. They may also be useful in helping individuals change careers, enhance professional development or take the plunge into professional business. Standalone courses are also offered.
Online business writing courses are available through individual class structures or bachelor's and master's degrees. Course topics include illustrations, research and writing e-mails.