Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Alternative Medicine
- Clinical Laboratory Science Professions
- Communication Disorders Sciences
- Health and Fitness
- Massage and Related Therapeutic Professions
- Medical Administrative Services
- Medical and Health Preparatory Sciences
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Professions
- Medical Ethics and Bioethics
- Medical Informatics and Illustration
- Medical Residency Programs
- Mental Health Services
- Nursing Professions
- Nutrition Services
- Optometric and Ophthalmic Services
- Osteopathic Medicine - DO
- Pharmaceutical Sciences and Administration
- Podiatry - DPM
- Public Health and Safety
- Therapeutic and Rehabilitation Professions
- Veterinary Medicine and Clinical Sciences
Online Continuing Education Courses for Chiropractors
Here are some commonly offered online chiropractic courses.
- Professional Boundaries Course: This online course discusses confidentiality and sexual misconduct in the healthcare setting. The course covers the Health Insurance Portability Assurance Act (HIPAA), privacy practices and doctor-patient confidentiality and its exceptions, as well as addressing common problem areas. Students also learn about sexual boundaries, examining prohibited conduct and penalties.
- Clinical Nutrition Course: Clinical nutrition discusses the role of protein, hormones and exercise in a healthy lifestyle. Students learn the effects of alcohol, caffeine, vitamins and calcium on the body. Some courses focus on the nutritional needs of patients with specific concerns, such as osteoporosis or anti-aging.
- Risk Management Course: This course outlines risk management strategies used to prevent malpractice claims. Students learn about their legal duties as health care professionals, the components of a malpractice claim, common medical errors and proper staff training. Courses may focus on different areas of risk management, including documentation or privacy regulations. Some courses are tailored to specific state requirements.
- Spinal Decompression Course: Students learn to identify and treat spinal decompression in this continuing education course. The course examines spinal decompression therapy, spine anatomy and treatment protocol.
- Treatment of Auto Injuries Course: This online course examines the biomechanics of acceleration and deceleration on the head and neck. Students learn to diagnose, analyze and treat vehicle-related injuries. The course also includes discussions on factors associated with an increased risk of injury.
- Chiropractic Evaluation Course: In this course students will learn how to take patient history, give an initial physical examination and determine a course of treatment.
- Electrodiagnostics Course: Students in this course learn how chiropractors can use electrodiagnosis to identify different injuries. They are familiarized with the concepts underpinning electrodiagnosis, the equipment used in practice and common techniques such as EMG and NCV.
- OSHA Course: This course provides a broad overview of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA). Chiropractors learn how to ensure that their practice remains in compliance with all regulations, particularly those related to bloodborne pathogens and spill decontamination procedures.
Practicing and experienced chiropractors looking to expand their knowledge can find continuing education classes in chiropractic medicine online. These courses are usually available at any time of day and may be offered as pre-recorded lectures or interactive web seminars. Because some states may not accept online continuing education courses for credit, students should confirm state licensure eligibility and renewal requirements before registering. Students typically need to submit continuing education hours to their state's board of chiropractic medicine following successful completion of courses.
Chiropractors who are looking to earn continuing education credits can find courses online that increase their expertise in both treatment and business-related topics.