Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Chiropractic Technician
- Clinical Laboratory Assistant
- EMT Ambulance
- Health Aide
- Home Health Aide
- Medical or Clinical Assistant
- Medication Aide
- Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Pathology Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Respiratory Therapy Technician
- Veterinary Technician
Online Anesthesiology Classes
Detailed here are some commonly offered online anesthesiology classes and courses.
- Professional Overview of Nurse Anesthesiology Class: Students learn about all aspects of the nurse anesthesia practice, including legal issues, ethical considerations, government relations, healthcare policy and treatment quality management. This class also provides students with information on the history of anesthesia.
- Nurse Anesthesiology Principles Class: This class introduces students to the equipment used in anesthesiology and the necessary pre-, intra- and post-operative procedures. Students learn about operating room preparation, anesthetic administration, injection practices, universal precautions, airway management and fluid therapy. The class may utilize a hybrid format, featuring both online lectures and on-site clinical work.
- Pharmacology Class: Students study the mechanisms and effects of anesthetic agents in this online class. Specific drugs and agents covered may include barbiturates, benzodiazepines and various analgesics. Toxicology is also addressed in the course, and students learn to consider important factors like the patient's age and physical condition when selecting and applying anesthesia.
- Regional Anesthesia Class: This class teaches students the most common methods of administering regional anesthesia, including epidurals, upper extremity blocks, spinals and ankle blocks. Students learn how to select the correct procedure based on positioning of local anesthetics and utilize the proper insertion techniques. This is frequently offered as a hybrid clinical course.
- Anesthesia Machine Technology and Safety Class: Students in this course will learn about the safety features of various types of anesthesia equipment. The course will simulate different emergencies for application of safety devices in real life scenarios.
- Dental Local Anesthesia Class: In this course, dental professionals learn how local anesthesia is used in the dental field, for regular procedures as well as emergency management. The curriculum also covers the physiological effects of local anesthesia in the oropharyngeal region.
- Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia Class: This course examines how ultrasound technology can be used in procedures that involve regional anesthetics. Students learn how to operate ultrasound machines and use the technology to locate target nerves and other body parts.
Online anesthesiology classes or courses for nurses are typically part of degree programs, which require completion of other classes that may not be offered online. Many online anesthesiology courses are offered through continuing education programs for working medical professionals. Students enrolled in online anesthesiology classes can expand their education or go on to pursue degrees such as a Master of Science (M.S.) with a specialization in nurse anesthesiology. Upon completion of such a degree program, students are eligible to apply for board examination to gain the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) credential.
For medical professionals who want to increase their expertise in topics related to anesthesia, there are a variety of educational offerings available online.