Online Kinesiology Courses
Let's take a look at some kinesiology classes that are commonly offered online.
- Body Movement is a basic course where students study kinesiology terminology, muscle mechanics, muscle function, and kinetics. Some courses focus on human movement during exercise and sports, in which case they consider muscular, cardio-respiratory and metabolic body changes during exercise.
- In a Physical Training Methods class, students learn about the way humans adapt to physical exercise, in addition to focusing on methods for developing aerobic, anaerobic, and muscular strength for people in a variety of settings. Coursework involves designing sample exercise programs and studying proper coaching techniques. Students submit assignments via e-mail or course management systems.
- Contemporary Kinesiology Issues is an online course discusses modern social issues in the health and exercise world. Students contemplate current trends in exercise training and physical education. Specific issues vary between courses, as instructors often tailor the course to suit student interest.
- Kinesiology, Athletics, and Physical Education is an online course with two distinct sections. During the first section, students learn how to coordinate and implement public school physical education programs. The second section typically examines business-related issues and management of athletic programs in high schools.
- A Sports Nutrition course teaches students how diet affects fitness, athletic performance, and physiological development. Topics of study include body composition, electrolyte balance, metabolism, and supplementation strategies.
- A course on Aging focuses on the physical process of aging and its effects on health, which can be relevant for kinesiologists who work with elderly patients. The social and emotional aspects of aging are also covered.
Students interested in studying kinesiology online can earn a Bachelor of Science in Sports and Health Sciences or a Master of Science in Kinesiology, among other options. Degree programs frequently allow students to choose a sub-specialty, such as sports administration or physical training. Students often pursue careers in fitness, physical therapy, and massage therapy.
For individuals who are interested in kinesiology, there are many health and sports science-related courses online at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.