Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Agricultural Education for Teachers
- Art Teacher Education
- Biology Education for Teachers
- Business Teacher Education
- Chemistry Teacher Education
- Drama and Dance Teacher Education
- Driver Safety Teacher Education
- English Teacher Education
- Foreign Language Education for Teachers
- French Language Teacher Education
- Geography Teacher Education
- German Language Teacher Education
- Health Occupations Teacher Education
- Health Teacher Education
- History Teacher Education
- Home Economics Teacher Education
- Industrial Arts Teacher Education
- Latin Teacher Education
- Mathematics Teacher Education
- Music Teacher Education
- Physical Education and Coaching
- Physics Teacher Education
- Psychology Teacher Education
- Sales and Marketing Teacher Education
- Science Teacher Education
- Social Science Teacher Education
- Social Studies Teacher Education
- Spanish Education for Teachers
- Speech Teacher Education
- Teaching, Computers
- Teaching, Reading
- Technical Teacher Education
- Vocational Teacher Education
Online Continuing Education Coaching Courses
Profiled below are some of the common online coaching courses available for continuing education.
- Evidence Based Coaching Course: This course covers strategies and tactics for coaching based on both theory and research from various disciplines, including psychology and communications. Through this course, coaches develop improved skills for leadership style, communication and training.
- Sports First Aid Course: The Heimlich maneuver and CPR guidelines are among first aid techniques reviewed in this course. Coursework covers bleeding and concussion treatments. The class includes a special section on performance enhancing drugs and their risks along with strategies for injury prevention.
- Football Strategy Course: This course focuses on the teaching methods used to impart tactical and technical skills for football. Video clips may be used for demonstrations. An interactive simulation illustrating real game situations concludes the course.
- Appreciative Coaching Course: This course centers on an alternative method of team leading called appreciative coaching. Appreciative coaching is based on positive methodology and is often successful in business applications. Coaches learn how to adopt this new form of communication for more effective teamwork.
- Athletic Finance Course: This course examines the ways in which athletic programs may be financed. Included are topics such as how coaches can find sponsors, help market sports programs, and make athletics self-sustaining.
- Legal Aspects of Sports Course: This course covers laws related to coaching and sports administration. Students learn about historical legal cases, analyze liability issues and discuss risk management strategies.
- Sports Technology Course: In this course, coaches learn how new technologies can be applied to improve athletic training methods. Topics of study include video analysis and computer data usage.
Online coaching continuing education programs are especially well suited to meet the continuing education and re-certification requirements for certified coaches. Some courses are offered fully online, while others are in hybrid format with a mix of online study and in-person training. They might be offered by professional organizations or through colleges and universities. The latter option often results in graduate credit and can lead to a master's degree in fields like coaching and athletic administration. These types of courses have enrollment prerequisites, such as a minimum of a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution. Many coaching CEU courses also require CPR certification for enrollment.
Coaches who are looking to earn continuing education credits can find relevant courses that allow them to increase their expertise in such areas as sports finance, first aid and sports technology.