Online Bridal Consultant Classes
These classes are commonly offered for bridal consultants.
- Wedding Basics Course: Introducing the many components of the wedding ceremony and reception, this online course provides foundational information concerning the role of the bridal consultant in wedding preparation and execution. From choosing an engagement ring to deciding upon a honeymoon destination, this online course explains the many elements of wedding preparation and how to advise someone as they plan their wedding.
- Running a Home-Based Business Course: Explaining how to manage time, organize finances, handle clients, and assess appropriate fees for service, this online course introduces the many aspects of running a home-based business. Taught primarily through reading assignments and online teaching in a Web-based classroom, these skills are essential to maintaining a successful business in bridal consulting. This course explains the importance of establishing the proper licenses and permits that must be obtained prior to marketing one's business.
- Marketing Course: In order to be a successful bridal consultant, one must know how to find customers. This online course introduces students to marketing strategies and advertising tools used to gain customers in need of bridal consulting.
- Bridal Shows Course: Usually toward the end of the program, an advanced online course describing how to conduct bridal shows is usually offered. The information learned from previous courses pertaining to running a home-based business and marketing are put into practice when participating in a bridal show. Bridal shows are opportunities for bridal consultants to advertise their services and merchandise.
- Specialty Weddings Course: Knowing how to conduct specialty weddings is essential to bridal consulting, especially in larger, multicultural cities. Weddings contain many culturally-specific elements that can be specialized toward the beliefs and wants of the engaged couple and their families. This course explains how cultural elements influence wedding preparations and planning.
- Wedding Stress Management Course: In this course, students will learn how to ease the various tensions that can arise in anticipation of the big day. From handling family disagreements, to negotiating feelings around prenuptial agreements, and mediating for stressed out couples, this course will provide students with the tools they need to be prepared when stress hits.
- Wedding Traditions Course: This course introduces aspiring bridal consultants to general wedding etiquette. Students are familiarized with the responsibilities of wedding party members, common cost allocation practices and the events that usually occur during the engagement period.
- Wedding Vendors Course: In this course, aspiring bridal consultants learn about selecting appropriate vendors who offer the goods and services necessary for a successful wedding. For instance, they learn to identify and evaluate dressmakers, flower arrangers, caterers, photographers and DJs.
Online college classes for bridal consultants are typically part of career diploma programs that can be completed totally online. These programs teach students the facets of the bridal consulting industry, including wedding planning, wedding etiquette and wedding business basics. By completing the program requirements, graduates are eligible to become members of the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC).
Individuals who want to become bridal consultants can take online courses that help them build their expertise in all aspects of weddings, and also prepare them to run a successful consulting business.