Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Business Marketing Operations
- Fashion Merchandising
- Hospitality Marketing Operations
- Insurance, General
- Marketing for Apparel and Accessories
- Marketing for Travel and Tourism Operations
- Real Estate Sales, Appraisal, and Finance
- Special Product Marketing
- Tourism Promotion Operations
- Vehicle and Vehicle Parts Marketing
Online Real Estate Continuing Education Courses
The following courses are a sample of some of the online offerings for real estate professionals.
- Real Estate Finance Course: Students learn about consumer protection policies and fair trading laws, investments and different lending options available to acquire real estate. This online course also provides a historic perspective on finance as it relates to the real estate market.
- Real Estate Contracts Course: In this course, students learn the legal processes for terminating or discharging a valid contract. Students also gain an understanding of the different types and classifications of contracts as well as what makes a contract valid.
- Real Estate Ethics Course: Making sound decisions is important in real estate as well as all other business transactions. This course provides information about the code of ethics for real estate professionals and how it is enforced.
- Property Management Course: This online course offers instruction in various aspects of managing residential, office, commercial and industrial types of properties. Lease, fair housing and risk management topics are covered.
- Real Estate Development Course: Successful development projects require leadership and cost management skills paired with knowledge of construction techniques. The real estate developer may manage any or all steps of the process. To cover this broad scope, this course focuses on core competencies of commercial finance, contracting, site development and construction project management.
- Environmental Issues in Real Estate Course: This course will introduce students to residential hazards. Topics include liability with regard to the law and the evaluation of various properties.
- Fair Housing Course: In this course, students will explore fair housing laws and their importance to various communities. Fair housing in advertising, management of properties and cultural diversity will also be explored.
Each state determines specific licensing requirements for its real estate professionals. Some of the most common continuing education courses for licensing and renewal requirements cover property management, finance, ethics and contracts. Online coursework can also be used to obtain specific designations through the National Association of Realtors and its affiliates, including Accredited Buyer's Representative and Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager titles.
Generally, online courses are self-paced with a specific date for completion. Exams are required to satisfy licensing and renewal requirements or to gain special industry designations. Beyond the licensing requirements, individuals interested in developing as advanced professionals in the field may consider coursework as part of an online Master's in Real Estate.
Various continuing education courses in real estate exist in online formats. Course topics include fair housing, environmental issues and property management.