Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
Online Courses for Contract Specialists
Below are some of the online courses available to those interested in contract management.
- Commercial Contract Management Course: This course teaches students how to handle all aspects of contract management in a commercial setting. Contracting elements, formation, interpretation and enforcement are a main part of this type of course. Legal issues and topics are discussed, as well as a variety of property laws.
- Government Contract Management Course: This course is geared toward those already employed by the government, or those wishing to be employed by the government in a contract management capacity. The course curriculum includes federal acquisition regulations, government property laws, procurement and ethics.
- Business Skills Course: Business skills courses are targeted towards contract or project managers looking to expand their job skills and fill out their knowledge of business administration. This course focuses on a variety of fundamental business topics, including management, marketing, economics and finance.
- Advanced Contract Management Course: In this advanced course, students prepare for certification testing from the NCMA. Specific types of contracts, such as subcontracts and performance-based contracts are studied in-depth. Contract pricing and cost accounting standards and principals are examined. Students explore international contracting issues and termination interpretation and evaluation.
- Fundamentals of Cost and Price Analysis Course: In this course, students will focus on pricing strategies, market research and rules around price and cost analysis. By the end of the course, students should have a thorough understanding of the Truth in Negotiations Act, PBP Analysis Tool and Cost Accounting Standards Board.
- Project Management Course: In this course, students will examine professional responsibilities with regard to creating a project plan. Topics include Gantt charts, project schedules and useful tools for project management.
- Legal Considerations in Contracting Course: This course will cover contract law and subcontracting. Additional topics include terminations, debt, fraud and fiscal law.
Coursework and training for contract specialists or managers is widely available in an online format. The Federal Acquisition Institute offers a certification program with 3 different levels of contract training. The Department of Veteran Affairs also offers a contracting specialist internship offering contracting training for employment within the VA. The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) offers a certification program for those interested in working with the federal government, commercial businesses, or a combination of the two. Eligibility and requirements vary by program or course, but they generally include a bachelor's degree, work experience and educational credits. Online master's degrees and graduate certificates are also available.
Contract special courses are available online through graduate certificate, and bachelor's and master's degree programs. You'll study topics like cost and price analysis fundamentals, project management and legal issues in contracting.