Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Athletic Trainer
- Cardiovascular Technologies
- Electrocardiograph Tech. - ECG, EKG
- Electroencephalographic Tech. - EEG, END
- EMT and Paramedic
- Genetic Therapy
- Industrial Radiologic Technology
- Medical Radiologic Therapist
- Nuclear Medical Technologist
- Physician Assistant
- Radiation Protection Technology
- Radiological Science and Technologies
- Respiratory Care Therapy
- Surgical Technologies
- Ultrasound and Sonography Technologies
Online Athletic Training Courses
The following course descriptions detail the typical curriculum of commonly offered online athletic training courses.
- Anatomy Course: Usually studied during the early period of a degree program in athletic training, this class provides instruction on the inner workings of the human body. Distance learners absorb knowledge on the complexities of an individual's muscles, organs and systems.
- Exercise Physiology Course: How the body responds to exercise is studied in this course, usually taken toward the intermediate stage of a sports medicine curriculum. Future athletic trainers learn to create workout regiments benefiting different bodily systems.
- Sports Psychology Course: Online students learn how social and psychological attitudes impact an individual's performance in athletic endeavors. Aspiring fitness experts examine ways in which issues like anxiety, fear, personality and motivation drive or hinder an athlete. This course is typically studied at the midway point of a degree program.
- Research Methods Course: In an advanced course often studied at the end of a program, online degree hopefuls critically examine and analyze exercise-based research. Aspiring wellness professionals are prepared to write a thesis or participate in an independent research project.
- Sports Nutrition Course: In this course, students learn scientific principles of nutrition as they relate to exercise. The relationship between nutrient intake and performance may be covered. Future athletic trainers learn how to properly advise clients on their diet.
- Fitness for Aging Populations Course: This course focuses on wellness and exercise concepts as they relate to aging and elderly populations. Students learn how to adapt activities and develop fitness programs for older adults.
- Speed Training Course: This course explores the biomechanical and physiological aspects of speed training, and how it can be integrated into training programs to help athletes optimize their performance. Upon completion, students may be prepared for the Speed and Explosion Specialist certification exam offered by the National Association of Speed and Explosion (NASE).
Athletic training classes taken online might be part of an undergraduate degree program that results in a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology/Exercise Science or a Bachelor of Science in Sports Management with a concentration in wellness and fitness. A Master of Science in Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention, a Master of Science in Wellness and Fitness and a Master of Science in Kinesiology are degrees that may be earned by completing online athletic training courses at the graduate level. Both fully online and hybrid programs are available in athletic training.
There are many online courses for athletic trainers, which cover a wide range of topics related to exercise, athletic performance and general wellness.