Online Behavioral Psychology Courses
The courses below can often be found within partly or fully online degree programs.
- Concepts and Principles in Behavioral Analysis: This course introduces students to the fundamental principles of behavior analysis, like classical conditioning, through reviewing the literature that first introduced those concepts.
- Child Development Course: Through online lectures and videos, students learn about the mental, physical, emotional and social development of children from birth to middle school age. Students look into the theories of development and the programs that aid in growth. Forum discussions also look at the role that communities, culture and families play in development.
- Personality Theory Course: Competing and complementary theories in psychology posit that personality arises from environment, behavior or biology, or a combination of factors. This course addresses society and cultural expectations for the creation of personality and human behavior.
- Cognitive Psychology Course: Students in this course learn about the nervous system and the development, structure and processes of the brain. This course can be taken anytime during a psychology program.
- Abnormal Psychology Course: This course looks at causes and treatments of behavioral disorders. Students research psychopathology and psychological disorders.
- Psychology of Gender Course: In this course, students look at culture and gender roles in society and the origins of gender, as distinct from sex. Students hypothesize about sexual orientation and parental roles in gender selection. Students may take this course at any time during a psychology program.
- Memory and Cognition Course: This course will teach students about the different types of memory and how the brain processes information. How that information is stored and retrieved will also be examined.
- History and Systems of Psychology Course: Students in this course will learn about the historical developments which contributed to psychology. Different schools of philosophy will be analyzed.
Behavioral psychology incorporates the study of cognitive psychology, abnormal psychology, child development and gender studies. Students generally take online behavioral psychology courses as part of Bachelor of Science, Master of Science and Doctor of Psychology programs in psychology, counseling or a related area.
Many online courses related to behavioral psychology exist. Students can take these classes through bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs. Areas of study include cognition, memory, the history of psychology and philosophical thought, and child development.