Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Agricultural Education for Teachers
- Art Teacher Education
- Biology Education for Teachers
- Business Teacher Education
- Chemistry Teacher Education
- Drama and Dance Teacher Education
- Driver Safety Teacher Education
- English Teacher Education
- Foreign Language Education for Teachers
- French Language Teacher Education
- Geography Teacher Education
- German Language Teacher Education
- Health Occupations Teacher Education
- Health Teacher Education
- History Teacher Education
- Home Economics Teacher Education
- Industrial Arts Teacher Education
- Latin Teacher Education
- Mathematics Teacher Education
- Music Teacher Education
- Physical Education and Coaching
- Physics Teacher Education
- Psychology Teacher Education
- Sales and Marketing Teacher Education
- Science Teacher Education
- Social Science Teacher Education
- Social Studies Teacher Education
- Spanish Education for Teachers
- Speech Teacher Education
- Teaching, Computers
- Teaching, Reading
- Technical Teacher Education
- Vocational Teacher Education
Online Health Education Courses
Below are the descriptions of the most common types of online courses in health education.
- Introductory Health Education Course: Normally taken at the beginning of a bachelor's or master's program, distance learning students receive instruction on the physical, mental and emotional facets of health. This course will prepare students to help clients and patients maintain a balance in every aspect of their health.
- Qualitative Analysis of Health Information Course: In this class, students gain knowledge on how to analyze data pertinent to individual or group health. This course will train health professionals to interpret complicated information and present it in simpler terms to their clients.
- Environmental Health Course: This class provides online instruction on how the environment impacts health. An environmental health course helps future industry professionals teach clientele how to create and maintain a healthy home, work space and community.
- Design and Assessment Course: In this course, students learn to apply the information they've gained during their studies to formulate, implement and examine health strategies in different sectors of society. Such work can educate future professionals on how to create health-related policies. This class is usually taken at the end of a bachelor's or master's program.
- Health Communication Course: This course helps students develop important communication skills and examines changes in the way people get health information in the 21st century. Students explore the need for global health communication, effective advocates, and the role of communication in the developing and implementing health policy.
- Communicable Diseases Course: In this online course, students will study some of the causes of human diseases. Topics include public health pathology, environmental influences on disease and the history of disease. Additionally, students will learn about treatments, prevention and the importance of health awareness.
- Programming Planning in Public Health Course: Public health sciences will be stressed in this course. Areas of study include the implementation of public health programs and how to identify public health issues.
Online health education courses are typically offered as part of online or hybrid degree programs in health education. Coursework presented at the bachelor's degree level may lead to a Bachelor of Science in Health Education or a Bachelor of Applied Science in Allied Health. Such degrees can prepare students for careers as health educators, community health outreach advocates, corporate wellness specialists, health center directors or health policy advisors.
Students pursuing a master's degree might take online health education courses as part of a Master of Science in Health and Human Performance or a Master of Public Health. Master's candidates may need to write and defend a thesis, in addition to completing required coursework and a possible internship.
Online courses in health education exist through bachelor's and master's degrees. Through these programs, students will have the opportunity to learn about subjects like public health, environmental health and disease.