Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Fisheries Sciences and Management
- Forest Resources Management
- Forest Sciences
- Forest Technologies
- Urban Forestry
- Wildlands Science and Management General
- Wood Science and Paper Technologies
Online Wildlife Conservation Courses
Below are some of the courses related to wildlife conservation that are commonly offered online.
- Wildlife Conservation Course: In this course, students learn about local and global issues in conservation, conservation history and the laws that are currently being enforced by local and governmental agencies. Through video lectures and research projects, students learn about the effects of natural resource use and climate change on wildlife.
- Wilderness Management Course: This introductory course prepares students for work in the wilderness management field, which involves working with designated sites like refuges and national parks. Students engage in online discussion and follow lectures about the history and necessity of wilderness, related issues, and problem-solving theories.
- Endangered Species Conservation Course: Students learn about the Endangered Species Act and how it is enforced to protect species on the brink of extinction. Students learn about conservation techniques and habitat recreation to promote the breeding of endangered mammals, fish and birds.
- Wildlife Habitats Course: In this course, students learn about the water, food and shelter needed by animals in particular habitats and how human settlement and deforestation has contributed to habitat destruction. They also research methods for habitat management and rehabilitation for different animal species.
- Watershed Management Course: Students learn about the restoration and conservation of watersheds (drainage areas), which are habitats for wildlife and are essential for water quality. This course can be taken anytime during a program.
- Fire in the Wilderness Course: In this course, students look at the pros and cons of controlled wildland fires. Containing forestation and plant species while destroying animals and habitats is a controversial matter , and the central question of the course is whether fires can be contained and planned properly without over-usage.
- Coastal Marine Management Course: Students study the ecology of coastal marine and freshwater wildlife, ecosystems and resources in this course, which may be offered in a hybrid format. Through fieldwork and research, they learn how to monitor and manage species living in these habitats.
- Human Ecology Course: In this course, students will examine the nature of human influence on the environment. Topics include population growth and some of its potentially negative effects, global warming, pollution and conservation biology.
- Forest Protection Course: In this course, students will be taught about the processes for evaluating the health of forests. Insects, disease and wildlife will be examined, with regard to forest protection.
Wildlife conservation courses cover many areas, including wildlife habitats, mammalogy, fish conservation, floodplain ecology and wilderness ecosystems. Online courses in wildlife conservation prepare students for work in wetland conservation and restoration, fire protection and repopulation efforts, among other areas. Various pathways are available for studying these courses online. Students can choose from diplomas, graduate certificates, and bachelor's and master's degrees.
Online courses in wildlife conservation are available through diplomas, graduate certificates, and bachelor's and master's degrees. Areas of study include human ecology, forest protection and marine management.