Online Courses in Econometrics
Below are some of the econometrics courses that are frequently offered online.
- Introduction to Econometrics Course: This course uses computers to conduct statistical estimations using regression models of economic relationships. Real-world situations are evaluated through the application of econometrics methodology.
- Nonlinear Econometrics Analysis Course: Students discuss many types of micro-econometric models including structural estimation and quantile regression. Economic applications are used to demonstrate the models.
- New Econometric Methods Course:Recent developments in econometrics are discussed in this course. Auction and duration models are just a couple of the various models of analysis that are covered in this graduate-level course.
- Econometric Project Course: Students run their own independent econometric project and after selecting a topic of interest for testing, utilize statistical software to analyze data. This course demonstrates a student's ability to apply knowledge gained in background econometric courses.
- Introduction to Computational Finance and Financial Econometrics Course: Students learn to apply mathematical and statistical methods to actual financial data. An open-source programming language (the R language) is used to analyze risk versus return and to build portfolios.
- Applied Econometrics Course: In this course, students will explore modern tools in econometrics. Additional topics include statistics and estimation associated with linear regression models.
- Financial Econometrics Course: This course will examine empirical finance. Students will study methods like Regime-Switching Models, GMM and the Capital Asset Pricing Model, in addition to financial variables.
Econometrics uses mathematical and statistical methodology combined with economic theory to analyze and test economic principles and relationships. Courses in this advanced topic are usually offered at the graduate level via a master's degree. Some courses are also available online as part of postsecondary business training for working professionals. Individual classes exist online, as well as online bachelor's degrees in economics with econometrics coursework. Economics and econometrics graduates can become employed in fields such as finance, management and statistics.
Online econometric courses are offered as standalone classes, in addition to being available through online bachelor's and master's degree programs in economics. Students will study topics like computational finance, applied econometrics and financial econometrics.