Online Courses in Executive Coaching
Below are some of the courses related to executive coaching offered online at various colleges and universities.
- Psychology Survey Course: Often offered in two parts, this course introduces students to the history of psychology, theories of personality, psychological therapies, social and human motives, personality traits and measurements of intelligence. Students learn about psychological research, cognitive development, family therapy, human memory and ethics. This course is aimed at students who, although they may not have a degree in psychology, are pursuing a graduate study related to the field.
- Motivation in the Workplace Course: This course teaches the theories behind motivating employees. Students learn effective methods of persuading and influencing employees to improve their performance and involve themselves in the company's mission.
- Coaching Techniques Course: Students learn the different methods and techniques for coaching others in the workplace. The curriculum may involve readings, coaching assignments and exercises, streaming video of guest lectures and presentations. Topics in this course include developing a good relationship, establishing trust, creating awareness and developing the right plans and strategies to coach successfully.
- Coaching Theories Course: This course teaches students the different factors that go into the field of coaching, including systems thinking, behavior science, cognitive behavior therapy, philosophy and therapy based on solutions. Students take part in many learning methods, including written assignments, message board discussion groups, audio-video presentations and lectures. The course provides students with an understanding of the principles behind coaching and the skill to coach successfully in any setting.
- Organizational Behavior: Combining psychology, sociology and other disciplines, students consider human behavior in organizations, how groups of people behave within organizations and the behavior of organizations themselves. Students explore organizational culture, work motivation and group dynamics.
- Methodologies for Coaching in Business This course is broad-ranging and teaches students various methods for coaching employees to be successful in the business world. Covered are such topics as group coaching, cognitive coaching (how thought processes influence behavior), motivational interviewing, advanced strategic inquiry, using assessments in coaching, research practices for coaches, and coaching techniques and practices. Students will practice the skills learned in the course in peer groups and leave with a personalized coaching development plan at course completion.
- Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Anytime people work together, whether in large groups or just two people who must interact on a daily basis, there are bound to be conflicts. This course teaches students how to best resolve those conflicts and explores negotiation techniques, processes and theories. Interpersonal and group negotiation is covered as well as negotiation in international settings. Students practice these skills using simulations and peer exercises.
Online executive coaching courses are offered through graduate certificates in executive coaching, as well as degree programs, such as a Master of Arts with an executive coaching specialization. Other online programs with executive coaching courses may include the Master of Business Administration and the Master of Arts in Training and Development. Graduates of online executive coaching programs are qualified to work in organizations that hire motivational trainers for individuals or groups of employees.
Students interested in careers which involve training and development can find online executive coaching programs at various universities throughout the country. These programs are multi-faceted and prepare students for a successful management career at an executive level.