Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Fire Fighting
- Fire Services Admin
Online Courses for Fire Inspectors
Below are some of the fire inspection courses that students can find online.
- Introduction to Fire Inspection Course: This course introduces students to all aspects of fire inspection, including codes, regulations and field inspection practices required to be eligible for certification as a fire inspector. Students are part of a comprehensive training program that introduces training processes and strategies used in fire protection.
- Fire Protection Course: Students learn how to design and operate fire safety systems, including smoke detectors, sprinklers, fire detectors, heat detectors and alarms. Other topics include the maintenance of portable fire extinguishers and water supplies for fire protection.
- Fire Service Building Construction Course: This course focuses on how architectural design and construction elements can prevent the spread of fire in buildings. Students learn about specific building components that promote safety.
- Plan Examiner Course: Students in this course learn how to ensure that building codes, standards, regulations and rules are met for fire safety. They also learn how to find deficiencies in codes.
- Fire and Risk Analysis Course: This course aims to discuss fire-related problems faced by urban settings and how to apply the most current technology towards finding a solution. Other topics include analyzing possible risk and loss and master planning for safer communities.
- Fire Protection Hydraulics Course: In this course, students will examine sprinkler systems. Topics include friction loss, and automatic and looped sprinkler systems.
- Process Safety Course: This course will teach students about OSHA safety standards. Emphasis is placed on mechanical integrity, how to properly manage risk and identifying various fire hazards.
Offered in online, hybrid or on-campus formats, fire inspector courses cover standards and codes, fire prevention practices, fire service building construction and more. While much of the course curriculum can be taken online, students are typically required to complete skills training on a campus or at a training site. Courses lead to fire inspector or fire officer certificates or degrees, including an Associate of Applied Science in Fire Protection or Fire Science Technology or a Bachelor of Science in Fire Science/Fire Protection.
Students can take fire inspector courses online through certificate, associate's and bachelor's degrees. Areas of study for these programs include plan examiner, fire and risk analysis and fire protection hydraulics.