Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine
- Environmental Health
- Health Physics
- Health Services Administration
- International Health
- Maternal and Child Health
- Medical Scientist
- Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene
- Public Health Education
- Public Health Medicine, Treatment
Online Classes in Health Inspector Studies
The following online courses are available to individuals interested in health inspection.
- Introduction to Food Inspection Course: This course discusses basic issues for sanitation and safety in the food service industry such as water purity, cross contamination, temperature control, labeling, handler health and pest control. Food safety criteria for risk assessment and hazard analysis are discussed; industry-wide practices for ensuring quality throughout the entire food production and distribution process are also examined.
- Environmental and Occupational Health Course: Students are introduced to the foundations of environmental and occupational health and safety in this course so they may learn to recognize and prevent public and workplace hazards. Major health and safety issues covered include topics like air quality, infectious diseases, hazard protection and fire safety. An overview of the Occupational Safety and Health Act is also provided.
- Communication Skills for Safety Professionals Course: This course works on building communication skills for health inspection professionals. Topics include conducting interviews, taking witness statements, dealing with the media and the public, communicating with regulators and testifying in a court of law. Communicating and facilitating programs for health and safety standards are also addressed.
- Legal Aspects of Health Service Organizations Course: Laws governing the health inspection field and the health service agencies tasked with monitoring and enforcing these laws are the focus of this course. The history and evolution of regulations governing the health inspection field are discussed, as well as newly emerging issues and concerns. Administrator strategies for effectively managing legal issues and ensuring compliance are included.
- Managing Bloodborne Pathogen Course: This course examines some topics in bio safety and disease prevention. Some of the topics studied are the types of bloodborne pathogens, the transmission of these pathogens, limiting exposure to these pathogens and proper medical treatment after exposure.
- Managing Personal Protective Equipment Course: This class introduces students to personal protective equipment (PPE) and how to reduce exposure to workplace hazards. The main focus will be how to use PPE to minimize safety hazards.
- Industrial Hygiene Course: This course acts as an introduction to the concept of industrial hygiene. Those enrolled will learn about the history of industrial hygiene and how it is a vital component of a health and safety program.
Like the health and safety inspection field itself, online courses for health inspectors cover a wide range of topics, and are available at multiple degree and certificate levels. Health inspectors can narrow their focus to one discipline in the field, or they can broaden their career prospects and potential for advancement by pursuing multiple specialties. Virtual learning courses are available in topics like ergonomics, occupational health, environmental health, food safety and ethics or communication skills for health and safety professionals.
Online health care inspector courses are readily available at the certificate, associate and bachelor's degree levels. The classes cover an array of health topics, including industrial hygiene, food inspection and occupational health.