Online Courses in Hotel Management
The course overviews here detail some commonly offered online hotel management courses.
- Food and Beverage Operations and Management Course: Lessons in food and beverage operations instruct students on ways to deliver quality products while containing costs. Topics covered include food planning and preparation, sanitation, safety and labor. This course also discusses the unique issues of beverages, including the ethical and legal concerns associated with serving alcohol within a hospitality establishment.
- Property Engineering Course: This course teaches the intricacies of hotel operations. Students explore the problems associated with providing building services such as parking and security. Mechanical issues are also covered, such as those related to air conditioning, electrical, plumbing and fire prevention. Additionally, students learn proper care of guest rooms and public spaces.
- Hospitality Industry Accounting and Finance Course: This hotel management course teaches accounting and finance procedures to produce and sustain a profitable business. Students review various accounting procedures, terminology and concepts used to prepare financial statements and management reports. Lessons teach how to generate and analyze reports to help managers make decisions about hospitality operations.
- Human Resources Management in the Hospitality Industry Course: Human resources representatives utilize various philosophies and techniques to motivate and inspire employees, encouraging productivity and job satisfaction. Students review various case studies to gain insight into occupational behavior and employee management in the hospitality industry.
- Marketing in the Hospitality Industry Course: Practical applications of marketing and sales within a hospitality operation is the primary focus of this course. Students develop marketing strategies for for-profit and non-profit organizations and utilize electronic communication, such as a websites and e-mail, to promote a business or product. Market research lessons teach how to target specific groups, such as corporate travelers and convention planners.
- Basics of Hospitality Information Management Course: Students in this course learn how information technology is used in hospitality operations. Topics explore classifications of departments and operations. Hands-on training using tracking applications educates students on managing reservations, room service and billing. Students discuss theory and the advantages of implementing information systems into a hotel or hospitality environment.
- Hospitality Law Course: In this course, students receive an overview of the legal side of the hospitality industry. The course covers federal and state regulations of hospitality-related operations and business practices. Students learn the legal and ethical ways to manage a hotel, meeting both legal and company expectations.
- Ethical Management Course: This course covers the ethical aspects of working as a hotel manager. Students learn how ethical leadership principles can be applied to foster positive work environments.
- Social Media Course: In this course, students learn how to use social media and other emerging technologies to improve business outcomes. Legal and ethical issues related to privacy and security are also covered.
Online courses in hotel management may be found in non-credit certificate, undergraduate degree or graduate programs in hotel, restaurant or hospitality management. These programs may be available fully online or as hybrid programs that combine online classes with on-campus training. These programs may prepare students to enter the hotel management field or offer advancement opportunities to those already working in this competitive field.
Aspiring hotel managers can get relevant theoretical and practical training in hospitality management and leadership by taking online courses.