Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Banking Related Services
- Credit Management
- Financial Mgmt Services
- Financial Planning Services
- International Finance
- Investments and Securities
- Public Finance Mgmt
Online Courses in Investing
The following descriptions are for commonly offered online finance courses.
- Investment Fundamentals and Security Analysis Course: This course introduces the student to security analysis and valuation techniques. The course focuses on investment decision-making by exploring the different types of securities trading, the mechanics and costs of trading, security market operation, risk and reward, equity securities, fixed income securities and portfolio diversification.
- Investment Portfolio Management Course: Students investigate investment theories, financial markets, risk and return, securities, asset allocation and diversification. Students apply the analytical techniques used in the investment planning and selection process. Students learn about financial models and investment strategies used to analyze and manage investments.
- Finance for Business Course: The course is an introduction to the essential elements of business finance. Emphasis is placed on financial management, financial markets, and the tools and methodologies used in making financial decisions. Topics include financial planning, current asset management, long term capital budgeting, long term financing and international finance.
- Introduction to Finance Course: Students are introduced to the concepts, methods and tools used by financial managers to formulate financial decisions. Specific topics examined include the time value of money, risk and return, the cost of capital, the valuation of stocks and bonds, capital budgeting, dividend policy and financial statement analysis.
- Corporate Finance Course: In this course, students learn how to legally and ethically magnify shareholder wealth. Capital structure, payout policy, and derivative pricing may also be covered.
- Risk Management Course: This course will teach students about the importance of evaluating risk in terms of financial investments. Topics include diversification and how to manage risk for more efficient returns.
- Money and Capital Markets Course: In this course, students will learn about the Federal Reserve System. Important topics include the allocation of credit, how economic processes are influenced by the Federal Reserve System and how economic opportunities are assessed.
Finance or business degrees with a finance concentration, with specific courses in investing, can be earned online at the associate, bachelor's and master's levels. Examples include an online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Master of Business Administration, and Master of Science in Finance. Additionally, finance-related concentrations are offered in a variety of areas, including managerial finance, securities analysis and personal financial planning. Graduates pursue careers in corporate finance, securities trading, bank management, credit management, insurance analysis and wealth management. Free online courses also exist.
Online investing courses are available through bachelor's and master's degrees in addition to standalone courses. Areas of study include corporate finance, capital markets and investment portfolios.