Online Courses in Java Programming
The following courses are commonly found in online certificate programs for Java learners.
- Programming Fundamentals Class: An entry-level class in programming, this course includes an overview of data structures, inheritance, duplication, branching and techniques. The class helps beginners gain a basic understanding of programming languages, applications and object-oriented programming. No prior programming experience is typically required for this course.
- Beginning Principles of Java Class: This class introduces students to topics like graphical user interface (GUI) structure, Java networking, multithreading and Java input/outputs (I/O). Students in this online class utilize a Java compiler and study hash maps, polymorphism, abstraction, lists and arrays.
- Basic Principles of Java Class: Students in this class often focus on multi-platform applications, such as graphics programming, detailed object-oriented programming, exception handling and development of GUI. Typically, this class also covers multithreading, Generics, Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), Java Server Pages (JSPs), concurrency and Servlets.
- Intermediate Principles of Java Class: This class generally gives students an in-depth analysis of JDBC components and concepts. Students also get an overview of design models, precise object descriptions, problem-solving techniques and a further expansion of GUI structures.
- Advanced Principles of Java Class: The curriculum for this course covers Java Remote Method Invocation (RMI), socket-based network programming, I/O files, serialization and the Java runtime environment. Students in this class also practice native methods, thread handling and synchronization. A large programming project developed with a Java compiler is often required for this online class.
- Java: Discovering its Power Class: In this course, students will learn fundamentals of Java programming. Using the Java Developmental Kit (JDK 6 SE), students will learn basic object-oriented formatting so they can move on to more advanced classes.
- Principle of Software Design Class: The purpose of this course is teach students how to write programs in Java that will solve real world issues. After this course, students should be able to design software that solves problems on a scalable level.
- Arrays, Lists and Structured Data Class: This class furthers students' knowledge of Java programming. Those enrolled will learn to manipulate and read data with more complex structure.
Classes in Java programming can lead to computer programming careers. Java is an object-oriented language that's used to create everything from simple applets to complex e-business systems. Online courses in Java programming start at a beginning level and advance through to more specific courses. These courses are commonly offered as part of a certificate program in the field. Some schools allow students to transfer credits toward a bachelor's degree in a related technical or computer science area.
Online Java courses are generally part of a certificate or bachelor's degree program. These classes cover topics that include the principles of Java, software design and structured data.