Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
Online Courses in Management
The list below contains the descriptions of some commonly offered online management courses.
- Management and Leadership Training Course: This class introduces the basic principles of management, leadership, ethics and communication. Day-to-day strategies and team-building concepts are presented in conjunction with basic tools and techniques for effective leadership.
- Management Strategies for Small Businesses Course: Students examine strategies for managing small and start-up businesses and management functions of the entrepreneur. Since a small business may require the manager to fulfill multiple roles such as finance officer, marketing account manager or HR representative, this course also examines strategies to meet those needs.
- Management Basics of Supply Chain Course: This course teaches the fundamentals of supply chain management. Students learn techniques to capture customer requirements, estimate client demands, create forecasts, define production standards, manage inventory and plan the strategic movement of goods and services.
- Six Sigma Design and Management Course: Students in this class study techniques to improve performance in business, reduce production errors and increase profitability by using the Six Sigma process, a theoretical model that allows businesses to quantitatively evaluate a company's performance.
- Research and Analysis of Business Problems Course: In this course, critical thinking and analytical processing within business environments is emphasized. Students participate in discussion and written assignments geared towards identifying issues that may arise for managers and applying resources to deal with those problems.
- International Marketing Course: In this course, students learn about the procedures and methodologies used to develop international marketing campaigns. Topics include distribution and advertising activities as well as economic and political considerations for developing a marketing program.
- Branding Strategy Course: This course teaches students about brand management. Emphasis is placed on strategies for developing global brands and social responsibility.
Students may enroll in online management classes through a formal degree program or through an independent institution that offers stand-alone courses. Some universities also have business schools or professional development centers that offer both credit and non-credit courses. Many management courses are available totally online, while others are in hybrid format, which requires both online and on-campus participation. Some common management degrees include the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Management and the Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Healthcare Management or Information Technology Management. Online graduate certificates in marketing management also exist.
Online management classes are available via individual courses, graduate certificates, and bachelor's and master's degrees. Areas of study include management research and analysis, supply chain management and branding.