Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Cinematography and Film Production
- Film and Cinema Studies
Online Courses in Media Production
The following are some commonly offered courses in media production.
- Animation Course: Studying and creating both 2D and 3D animation is part of this course. Students learn about modeling, rendering, character design and movement. This class frequently includes a drawing component as its foundation.
- Digital Video Production Course: The critical elements of video production including scriptwriting, camera and equipment selection, audio recording, editing and post production are covered in this course.
- Graphic Design Course: Students interested in producing both still and motion graphics learn image creation, manipulation, and editing, as well as a variety of output formats. Adobe brand software is typically used for designing graphics for both print and Internet use.
- Video Game Design Course: Combining elements of animation, graphic design, and video production, game design students learn both the art and science that goes into this craft. Students study user interface design, the principles of interactivity, as well as computer programming.
- Music Production Course: From composing to recording to audio engineering, all the way through licensing, music production students learn a wide range of skills. This class frequently includes business development principles to prepare students for entry into the music industry.
- Interactive Media Production Course: Students in this course focus on Macromedia Flash. Topics include basic programming code as well as essentials of the flash environment. Software like Adobe, Dreamweaver and Fireworks are options to use.
- Audio Post Production for Film and TV Course: This course teaches students about the post production process as they learn how to edit and put together sound effects for music and television audio. Ways to record location sound, use sound effects libraries and work with music supervisors are explored as well.
Media production describes a wide variety of disciplines. Fields of study include animation, video production, website design, photo editing and manipulation, graphic design, video game design, audio engineering, and even social media marketing design. Key to many of these areas is the use of up-to-date computers and high-end software. Still others may require access to additional hardware and tools that are only available in a college studio environment.
Before enrolling in a certificate, associate's, bachelor's or master's degree program, students should determine the minimum hardware and software requirements for their class as well as any school fees required for online access to specialized software.
Online media production courses are available through standalone courses and associate's, bachelor's and master's degrees; graduate certificates are also available. Students will study animation, graphic design and video game design, among other topics.