Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Agricultural Education for Teachers
- Art Teacher Education
- Biology Education for Teachers
- Business Teacher Education
- Chemistry Teacher Education
- Drama and Dance Teacher Education
- Driver Safety Teacher Education
- English Teacher Education
- Foreign Language Education for Teachers
- French Language Teacher Education
- Geography Teacher Education
- German Language Teacher Education
- Health Occupations Teacher Education
- Health Teacher Education
- History Teacher Education
- Home Economics Teacher Education
- Industrial Arts Teacher Education
- Latin Teacher Education
- Mathematics Teacher Education
- Music Teacher Education
- Physical Education and Coaching
- Physics Teacher Education
- Psychology Teacher Education
- Sales and Marketing Teacher Education
- Science Teacher Education
- Social Science Teacher Education
- Social Studies Teacher Education
- Spanish Education for Teachers
- Speech Teacher Education
- Teaching, Computers
- Teaching, Reading
- Technical Teacher Education
- Vocational Teacher Education
Online Courses in Music Education
The course overviews below discuss the curriculum of the most commonly offered online music education courses.
- Teaching Music Education Class: Students learn strategies for developing a curriculum and bringing other teaching materials into the classroom. Effective rehearsal procedures are discussed.
- Fundamentals of Music Education Class: Instructors and students discuss music the sociological, philosophical and psychological aspects of music. This course also covers a historical overview of music education.
- Research of Music Education Class: Students analyze and review current research while learning to perform their own. They develop new avenues of gathering information in order to predict and accommodate modern advances in the field.
- Music Theory Class: The course provides a basic understanding of music theory. Students develop their abilities in dictation and sight reading. This course often comes in several parts with graduating levels, such as Music Theory I and II.
- Basic Ear Training Class: In this course, students develop the ability to identify different parts of music by hearing basic elements such as rhythm, intervals, and chords. Students use software to record themselves and save their recordings.
- Music of the Romantic Era Class: This course will teach students about 19th century music in the Western world. Specific topics include the political aspects of those compositions, a look into the world of the composer and music's spiritual domain.
- Introduction to Early Childhood Music Education Class: In this course, students will take a look at the development of musical abilities in young learners. Special emphasis is placed on the concept of play with regard to music education for children.
- Contemporary Issues in Music Education Class: This course will address current trends and challenges in music education. Curriculum, public policies and diversity, among other topics, will be considered.
Online classes are found within both undergraduate and graduate-level music education programs. Some programs that offer a master's degree in education with a specialization in music also offer online music education lessons. Audition performances, teacher certification or previously completed music education coursework might be required to begin or complete distance-learning programs. Students may also be required to purchase field specific software for music.
Online music education courses are typically delivered through master's degree programs. Areas of study include modern challenges in music education, ear training and research.