Online Courses Providing OSHA Compliance Training
Here are some of the OSHA compliance training courses that are offered online.
- OSHA Standards & Procedures Course: Students learn the importance of locating and applying the OSHA policies and procedures, recognizing common OSHA violations and how to use these regulations and standards to ensure continuous safety within an organization.
- Introduction to Hazardous Waste Management Course: In this course, students learn to initiate appropriate disposal, storage or treatment programs in the workplace. Regulations regarding hazardous or infectious waste management, along with the hazards found at waste sites and methods of prevention are also discussed.
- Programs and Principles for Advanced Safety Management Course: In this course, students develop an effective safety management policy, learn how to communicate safety needs and requirements to management, identify and implement safety principles and improve overall safety performance. Other topics include safety management, insurance programs, OSHA and regulatory issues, training, crisis management and substance abuse programs.
- OSHA Program of Industrial Hygiene Course: Students learn about compliance with hazardous waste, air contaminants, asbestos, blood-borne pathogens and noise standards. Other topics include respiratory protection, OSHA health standards, performing health hazard evaluations, recognizing workplace health hazards, and following OSHA ergonomic regulations.
- General Industry Occupational Safety and Health Standards Course: Students learn the importance of implementing a continuous safety and health program based on OSHA regulations and standards, identifying common OSHA violations, using an effective documentation procedure, and ensuring OSHA safety and health standard policies are available for all workers. Topics also include personal protective equipment, hazard communication, and fire protection.
- Workplace Violence Course: This course covers the various kinds of workplace violence and how to identify them. Students will also learn the repercussions of ignoring workplace violence and the best methods to reduce or eliminate its potential.
- Fire Safety and Protection Course: This course provides an overview of the governmental regulations related to fire safety in the workplace. Students learn how fire codes protect the safety of employees, as well as the general public.
- Workers Compensation Course: In this course, students learn about workers compensation law. The curriculum covers the theory behind workers compensation, as well as the history and development of the current body of legislation.
As part of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, OSHA compliance training is required in many industries to ensure safe working environments. Online OSHA compliance training courses are offered on various safety and health topics and are often taken by employees or employers interested in becoming certified OSHA trainers and instructors.
Students enrolled in online OSHA compliance training can earn certificates, such as an advanced safety and health certificate, safety and security certificate, environmental and occupational health and safety certificate, or a hazardous materials management certificate. It is also possible to earn an online bachelor's degree in occupational health and safety.
There are many online courses that cover the various issues that OSHA deals with in order to protect the health and safety of individuals in the workplace.