Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine
- Environmental Health
- Health Physics
- Health Services Administration
- International Health
- Maternal and Child Health
- Medical Scientist
- Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene
- Public Health Education
- Public Health Medicine, Treatment
Online Courses in Occupational Safety and Health
Some of the available online occupational safety and health courses are summarized below.
- Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health Fundamentals Course: This is a fundamental course in occupational safety and health (OSH), which presents an overview of safety and health hazards in the workplace. Key topics of the course are injury and accident reporting, the role of governmental agencies and record-keeping.
- Industrial Nursing Course: This occupational nursing course is often a certificate program available to registered nurses. The primary goal of the course is to teach nurses how to be the health educators of the workplace.
- Managing Safety Course: Students learn to develop safety systems within the workplace. The course teaches students to develop health and safety management plans and create a set of accountability measures for hazards and accidents.
- Hazardous Materials Management Course: This course focuses on hazardous waste management and spill prevention. Students learn regulation and containment theories and contamination procedures.
- Fire Prevention Management Course: Students focus on fire prevention and containment in this course. Students learn about safety inspection and life-saving techniques and apply theory to public places and the workplace.
- Fundamentals of OSH Course: Students examine the basic practices involved in modern work-place safety, discussing the history, regulatory requirements and standards relevant to today's occupational safety and health environment.
- Introduction to Workers' Compensation Course: In this course, students will address the principles associated with workers' compensation and necessary fundamentals with regard to financial details. Topics include a history of workers' compensation, types of claims and accident investigation.
- Managing Fleet Safety Course: This course will examine methods and techniques for creating and maintaining vehicle safety on the job. Students will explore worksite hazards, how to reduce vehicle accidents and various education and training programs.
Online courses in occupational safety and health feature several concentrations, such as fire prevention, hazardous materials response and industrial health. Although students may seek a degree in the field, such as a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health, they may alternatively take a specialty concentration as part of other degree programs, such as nursing or environmental safety. Online certificates and master's degree programs also exist.
Students can take occupational safety and health courses via certificates, bachelor's and master's degree programs. Courses will cover areas of study like fire prevention, OSH fundamentals and workers' compensation.