Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Behavioral Sciences, General
- Clinical Psychology, General
- Cognitive Psychology and Psycholinguistics
- Cognitive Science
- Community Psychology
- Comparitive Psychology
- Counseling Psychology, General
- Environmental Psychology
- Experimental Psychology
- Family Psychology
- Forensic Psychology, General
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Medical Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Physiological Psychology
- Psychology, General
- Psychometrics and Quantitative Psychology
- Social Psychology
Online Courses in Graduate Psychology
Below are some commonly offered online graduate courses in psychology.
- Theories of Learning Course: In this course, students explore different methods of learning from a psychological perspective. Students discuss child case studies and reports. Some instructors require students to enter a learning environment to observe and identify different theories of learning.
- Social Psychology Course: In this course, students study the individual and his or her place in society. The curriculum addresses social issues of the past and present.
- Abnormal Psychology Course: An abnormal psychology course generally explores a variety of psychological disorders. Students learn to identify the characteristics of these disorders. Some courses place emphasis on treating patients suffering from psychological disorders.
- Psychological Behavior and Development Course: In a behavior and development course, students generally study the development of personality and behavior from childhood to adulthood. Some programs divide this course into smaller concentrations, such as infancy-to-toddler development, child development and adolescent development.
- Physiological Psychology Course: This course examines psychology in relation to the physical structure of the body. Students gain an understanding of brain functions and their effect on personality and behavior. Some programs require students to participate in a lab in conjunction with this course.
- Professional Ethical Practice Course: This course gives students an overview of ethical issues and methodologies in the psychology field. The course will cover critical analysis and discussion on topics such as patient respect and confidentiality, experimental techniques, and resolution of moral dilemmas.
- Theories of Personality Course: Students in this course will learn about psychological research and theories of personality related to Freud. The influences of those theories on cultures and various populations will be addressed.
- Psychopathology Course: In this course, students will learn about assessing and treating mental disorders. Neuroscience and biological factors in psychopathology will be explored.
Graduate students wishing to pursue an online education in psychology can complete a master's, doctorate or certificate program in many areas of study, such as clinical psychology, child psychology, forensic psychology, behavioral psychology, media psychology, counseling and general psychology. Licensed psychologists can complete graduate certificate programs to broaden their expertise and patient base. Upon licensure, graduates of an online psychology program may find careers as counselors, school psychologists, or marriage and family therapists.
Online psychology courses in areas like psychopathology, professional ethics, and theories of learning will be covered through master's programs. Graduate certificates are also available.