Popular Online QuickBooks Classes
Some of the most common online QuickBooks classes are listed here.
- Basic QuickBooks Class: This class offers students quick and easy ways to manage their finances. Students learn basic accounting procedures, including customizing and printing invoices and reports, setting up charts of accounts and generating statements and receipts. Reconciling checking accounts is addressed in this class. Each student learns to set up a business, while customizing the program to meet his or her needs.
- Advanced QuickBooks Class: As a continuation of the basic QuickBooks class, this class provides more in-depth methods of computerized accounting. Students learn to track accounts payable and receivable, work with a general ledger and generate reports based on integrated business information.
- Doing Payroll with Online QuickBooks Class: Small business owners learn to set up their payroll from beginning to end. This class allows students access to the Internal Revenue Service website so they can follow the guidelines required by the state and federal government. Students learn every aspect of payroll, including paying tax liabilities, creating and printing paychecks, generating reports and solving the most common payroll problems.
- QuickBooks Especially for Contractors Class: The focus of this QuickBooks class is to assist contractors in their business. Students learn ways to help their contracting businesses run smoother through timesaving techniques. Topics in this course include documenting and tracking orders, billing clients, tracking subcontractor liabilities, analyzing profitability of jobs, generating reports and more.
- QuickBooks - Bookkeeping Made Easy Class: Students learn to integrate QuickBooks with basic bookkeeping techniques to manage merchandising or service-related businesses. The student will set up accounts for a business, using conventional bookkeeping ledgers, journals and worksheets. Other topics in this class include tracking accounts receivables and payables, paying bills, entering vendors and tracking inventory.
- Intermediate QuickBooks 2014 Class: This course in designed for students who already have a basic understanding of QuickBooks software. Intermediate topics such as customer statements, inventory tracking, price checking and loan tracking are covered in this class which may also serve as a refresher course.
- Managerial Accounting Class: This course provides an overview of managerial accounting, for which QuickBooks can be used. Students learn how to analyze financial information in a way that enables them to plan appropriate budgets and implement effective business operations strategies.
- Forensic Accounting Class: Another type of accounting for which QuickBooks might be used is forensic accounting. Students who enroll in this course learn to evaluate financial information from a legal perspective. Topics of study include business valuations, compliance auditing, risk calculation and reconstruction of financial records.
Online QuickBooks classes provide a solution for both individuals and small business owners in need of efficient methods for tracking their financial transactions. Because online classes are interactive, students must usually purchase QuickBooks software and have it installed on their computers before taking the class. This is not required for all online courses, but it is strongly recommended.
There are online courses that cover QuickBooks for beginners and experienced users, as well as online courses that cover specific types of accounting for which QuickBooks may be used.