Online Courses in Real Estate
The following course descriptions provide an overview of the most commonly offered online real estate courses and classes.
- Principles of Real Estate Course: This class surveys the real estate profession by examining commercial and residential real estate, site selection and land development, marketing analysis and basic financing methods. Students explore real estate selling and brokerage, including limitations on land use and how property is purchased and sold.
- Property Appraisal Course: Students investigate real estate appraisal practices via residential markets, neighborhood analysis, site descriptions, improvement probabilities and principles of value. Case studies are used to support appraisal of diverse properties.
- Real Estate Financing Course: This course introduces students to real estate financing techniques, including alternative financing methods and mortgage instruments. Course content includes essential aspects of risk analysis, such as financing income-producing properties, government activities that impact real estate finance, and how economic factors generate shifts in the mortgage market.
- Marketing for Real Estate Course: This class teaches students about the psychology of marketing, listing procedures and real estate advertising. Students explore the role marketing plays in business and examine consumer behavior and customer relationships, the marketing process, distribution and public relations.
- Real Estate and Taxes Course: This course teaches students about tax issues so they can better help their clients with questions related to taxes and real estate.
- Legal Issues in Real Estate Development Course: This course will discuss legal rights of property, land development and zoning considerations. Additional topics include public and private restrictions, easements and involuntary transfers.
- Real Estate Economics in Urban Markets: In this course, students will focus on special sub-markets in the real estate industry. Special emphasis will be centered around the attributes and current trends of urban markets.
Online real estate courses and programs can be taken fully online and prepare individuals for real estate licensure, which is required in all states. Online continuing education courses are designed to support real estate workers seeking further industry education. Possible jobs in the field include real estate agents, brokers, appraisers and developers. Graduate certificate programs also exist, as well as master's degrees and free online classes.
Students can study online real estate courses through continuing education departments, as well as graduate certificates, master's degrees and free online courses. Topics will cover areas like legal issues, urban markets, marketing and financing.