Online Courses for Wedding Planners
The descriptions here summarize often offered online wedding planner courses.
- Beginning Wedding Planner Course: This course teaches students the basics of being a wedding planner and focuses on choosing the day of service, selecting a venue and choosing flowers, music, caterers and photographers. Wedding etiquette is emphasized in this course.
- Becoming a Wedding Consultant Course: Students learn about dealing with vendors and contracts, wedding etiquette, budgeting, wedding traditions, custom wedding invitations, choosing music, wedding parties and developing your wedding planner business.
- Certified Wedding Planner Course: This course teaches students the important aspects of starting and maintaining a wedding planner business. Students learn about project management, budgeting, writing a business plan, sales and marketing, choosing vendors and working with contracts. This course is suitable for students interested in part-time work as a wedding planner as well as those interested in starting a business as a certified wedding planner.
- Planning the Wedding Ceremony Course: This course focuses on different types of wedding ceremonies. Students learn about the various wedding ceremony types, from religious or traditional to ceremonies with a desired theme. The history of traditional ceremonies is emphasized as well.
- Wedding Day Course: This course demonstrates the many duties of a wedding planner. Students learn about working with other wedding professionals, such as photographers, caterers and musicians. This course focuses on understanding every detail of the wedding ceremony and what the wedding planner should be doing at all times on that special day.
- Green Wedding Planning Course: In this class, students learn how to plan an eco-friendly wedding, considering factors such as invitations, locations and decorations.
- Wedding Budgeting Course: This course prepares wedding planners to manage the financial costs of a wedding. Topics of study include expense apportionment, handling unexpected costs and writing up contracts with vendors.
- Wedding Photography Course: In this course, wedding planners learn about the various photography options for couples, including engagement pictures, bridal portrait sittings and wedding day stills and videos. In particular, they find out what to look for when choosing a photographer, in terms of both skills and costs.
Online wedding planner courses provide students with the skills to plan their own wedding or pursue a career as a wedding planner. Although wedding planner courses aren't usually part of degree programs, they often result in professional certifications. Graduates may work as wedding planners, wedding consultants or start their own wedding planning business.
Individuals who want to learn about wedding preparation, whether for personal or professional readings, can learn about all aspects of planning the event by taking online courses.