Students looking to help themselves in the world of business will want to go where the best schools are. These schools have been ranked as some of the best in the United States in their areas.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Business Economics
- Business Finance
- Business Management and Operations
- Business Marketing
- Business Support and Administrative Services
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information System Management
- International Business
- Sales and Merchandising
- Specialized Sales
According to rankings from U.S. News & World Report, some of the best business schools in the United States include Babson College, the Sloan School of Management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the School of Management at Yale University, an Ivy League institution, and the Fuqua School of Business located at Duke University. Undergraduate and graduate programs can lead to a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Babson College in Babson Park, MA
|School Highlight: The entire school is dedicated to the study of business.|
U.S. News & World Report has ranked Babson's MBA entrepreneurship programs the best in the U.S. every year from 1994 through 2015. Since 1995, the undergraduate program in entrepreneurship has also been ranked number one by USN&WR during every year that the category has been available.
Babson College combines coursework with real-world training by fostering a businesslike atmosphere. In particular, the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship identified the college's Foundation Management Experience course the most innovative in the U.S. Students at the school move through a series of three phases over the course of four years, through which they acquire analytical and communication skills and learn how to work as a member of a team. They also pursue advanced topics in quantitative methodology and management and solve practical business problems.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge
|School Highlight: The 215,000-square-foot Sloan School of Management facility opened in 2011.|
In 2016, U.S News & World Report ranked the Sloan School of Management at MIT the fifth-best business school in the country. In the same year, the school's business programs in information systems, production/operations and supply chain/logistics placed number one, as designated by USN&WR. Unique to MIT is its Dean's Innovative Leader Series, an opportunity for students to interact with over 400 prominent business leaders every year.
Yale University in New Haven, CT
|School Highlight: All 1st-year students in the School of Management go on an international trip with faculty.|
Yale University's School of Management (SOM) was one of the 10 best business schools in the U.S for 2016, according to U.S. News & World Report. It also offered the best nonprofit MBA program. To encourage teamwork and cooperation among students, the SOM does not use traditional assessment tools, such as grade point average or class rank.
Duke University in Durham, NC
|School Highlight:Cross Continent Program, a 16-month MBA program, includes immersions in New Delhi, Shanghai, St. Petersburg and Dubai.|
The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University ranks in the top ten in at least five concentrations for 2016 in the USN&WR rankings, including Executive MBA, marketing and non-profit at #6. It can also brag on an 85% employment rate at graduation. On top of the traditional daytime MBA, Duke offers a Global Executive and Weekend Executive MBAs.
Top Business Programs
The following schools also made the grade as top business schools for 2016.
- Harvard University in Cambridge, MA offers the HBX CORe (Credential of Readiness), a three course online program that teaches the fundamentals of business to students and early career professionals
- Northwestern University, located in Evanston, IL, has the best marketing and #3 part-time MBA program, according to U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- In Palo Alto, CA, Stanford University has the Emmett Interdisciplinary Program in Environment and Resources, which prepares business students to tackle environmental and sustainability issues.
- University of Chicago in Illinois has programs offered on three continents.
- The University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, MI, emphasizes action-based learning, using real-life businesses problems to challenge students.
- In Philadelphia, the University of Pennsylvania Wharton Business School was ranked first for its executive MBA and finance programs by U.S. News & World Report for 2016.
Babson College, Sloan School of Management at MIT, Yale University's School of Management, and the Fuqua School of Business at Duke offer top ten programs in business. Other universities offer excellent schools of business and top departments, concentrations and programs across the nation.